diverticula

Posted , 6 users are following.

i was told i had this abt 3 weeks ago, i had aweek of antibiotics from my gp which eased the pain but was still there, then got admitted after a ct scan  stayed in overnight on drips and discharged next day with co-amoxiclav , which i started on thursday. still getting bab pains in morning till ive been a toilet a few times, is this the norm. i thought all the pain would have gone by now. the ct scan showed diverticlitus but with out complications

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Is this ur first diverticulitis attack? My first attack cleared up about a week after antibiotics stopped but I started feeling a bit better after a few days. Don’t ignore the DD diets, pay attention to ur fiber intake, it’s important with DD. Check out the information on these forums, very helpful.

good luck, take care

• Posted

I what way should you pay attention to your fibre intake ?
    • Posted

Hey Paul, Fibre intake with DD is very important to help move things along, but it’s different for everyone. For me if I have to much then diarrhea, not enough then constipation. I don’t eat salads or very much for leafy greens so I use benefiber daily, two teaspoons in my tea in the morning is usually good enough for me. 

• Posted

Yes it's normal. I took the same antibiotics last year and it took me weeks to settle down. Fybergel and a probiotic tablet is good   Watch what you eat keep a food diary. No skins seeds and I don't eat red meat or chocolate or fizzy drinks 

• Posted

Try not to force when going to the bathroom. Take a stool softener or Miralax if you think you are constipated.

Stay away from hard to digest foods. Skins, seeds, nuts and red meat. Ground meat and very tender meat is acceptable. . I use a crockpot a lot. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi I have suffered like you for quite a few years now, I have had colonoscopy's Sigmoidoscopy now waiting for my MRI scan results? I have never been given any medication? I feel unwell when I get a bout of it, nausea  tummy pain keep having to use the loo & light headed feeling generally unwell. Just got over a bout of it. I drink plenty of water take Paracetamol & try to rest, I hate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.