Diverticula and constipation

Posted , 3 users are following.

My Diverticular is fairly well controlled, only flaring up once or twice a year. i have suffered constipation all my adult days, mainly because i didnt make time for my bowels to work regularly. i was too busy seeing to children and my work schedules. I've been taking REGUCOL every day for a couple of years to keep my bowels regular. I'm wondering if its time for a change, as occasionally I am suffering some vomiting very gluey bile. (No gall bladder). what form of Metamucil do others take on a daily basis. Or what about Fybogel? Suggestions would be really welcomed.

THANK YOU

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Aileen,

Your story sounds similar to mine. I was the same way, I didn't have time for anything either, and just suffered with occasional constipation. The only thing that has helped me is daily metamucil and lots of water. Though it does not work every day, my days of constipation since I started taking it daily are far and few between. What I do is mix mine with not only water,(it's orange flavored here) a little OJ, a little Apple Juice, a little cranberry juice and a shot or two of Vodka. Take it in the evening and it serves two purposes! Relief and relaxation. 😃 Anyway, best of luck. Jim

• Posted

HI

Every morning after food I take a Fybogel sachet, also every morning i take 10ml lactolose solution both really help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.