Diverticular advise

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago .  After complaining of left sided pain .

Since then I am having pain left sided going over to the public bone area . Does anyone else have this ??

I admit I am also have lots of  cramping and bouts of diarrhea  and constipation but keeping pain  under control with  oaracetomol  only .

I have recently lost my father and. It all seems to have got much worse 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare. Sorry you are having such a bad time right now..from what I have learned with this Disease,Stress pays a large factor in excacabating our symptoms. I don't know about your pubic pain.. Hopefully someone else on here can help you with answers about this.. Hope you feel better soon.. 

Doglover.

• Posted

Hi Clare, I find the pain is sometimes more central not only to the left side. However if you have any concerns then you should go to your doctor and discuss them. As the adverts say "chances are it's nothing serious", but if it is preying on your mind then it will only add a level of stress, which as we've seen can bring on the symptoms. Have you had any sort of tests to rule out "women's troubles"?
    • Posted

Hi 

Had blood tests and scans earlier in the year on my ovaries and bladder kidney etc 

All ok .

It seems to have got steadily worse the past couple if months 

• Posted

Are you taking care of what you are eating? Avoid anything with skins (peas, beans, grapes, tomatoes, to name a few), anything with pips and seeds, and I've also heard onions can be a problem. Once again if in doubt see your GO in case there is an infection building up. To some extent if there's no infection you are pretty much having to accept a degree of gut pain and try to manage it with diet.
  • Posted

Yes... that is where mine hurts and gets tender.Like touching a bruise inside. Stress makes it worse. Maybe our immune system is low and makes susceptible to getting infections.
  • Posted

Hi Clare, Sorry to hear about your recent bereavement. I suspect this could certainly have made your condition worse, as stress seems to be a real agravating factor in this disease. I have a very stressful job, and my pain like yours, is in the left to middle lower abdomen. I think I must be one of the lucky ones, as I don't take pain killers and just use a hot water bottle when I go to bed to help me drop off to sleep. I think that sadly we may be stuck with this low grade pain forever, as it seems the medical profession have no answers yet apart from pain killers and diet. It seems a bit odd that if so many people over the age of 50 have some degree of diverticula disease, that more research isnt being done to try and find a cure, and save the NHS all these emergency admissions every year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.