Diverticular pain and back pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I have diverticular disease and only once had a bad flare of diverticulitis. However for the last few days my left lower side has deep aching/shooting pains. I also now have back pain adjacent to the abdo pain, almost like a knife shooting through me.

My bowels are normalish, just some thinner stools than normal. Does anyone think this is a flare and if so should I get it checked out. It is making me pretty fed up!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Defo sounds like a flare and yes you should get it checked. Dont leave it. Ignoring could cause you more pain and problems. X
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. Have contacted GP and am seeing her this pm.
  • Posted

Hi

This could be and infected pocket on the DV and abscess. You would need to get this investigated especially as you say your stools are thin as this can be a sign of a restriction in the colon

• Posted

• Posted

Hi masie, it certainly sounds like a diverticulitis, go get your inflammation levels tested at doctors and start antibiotics x
    • Posted

• Posted

Yes sounds like a flare up esecially the thinner stools than normal. Go to the doctor to get a check up
    • Posted

• Posted

• Posted

Yes, go to doc, get antibiotics. Get on liquid diet now.
  • Posted

I would defintely get it checked - better to be safeĀ 
    • Posted

• Posted

ThaNks for asking I am doing better , just went for my endoscope - colonscooy today - diver is getting worse and he removed 3 polyps from my intestinesĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.