Diverticulisis / Menopause?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was just diagnosed Jan 23, 2017 when pain and blood from bowels ended me in ER doctor did ct scan w/dye whiched showed the diverticlisis :-( Since menopause or almost menopause I have suffered with such chonic contsipation was wondering if that could been and aide to getting this, still on the antibotic This has been a horrible thing to deal with. Is anyone else on here that has it?  Feeling terrible and even more sad on top of everything else! I do appreciate the prayers from the ones who will pray for me.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had this problem for a while and a friend of mine recommended raw milk from a diary farm. i tried and it worked for me almost instantly. I did that many times, since every time I go through a respiratory virus or travel abroad my constipation seems to come back.
    • Posted

Raw milk for diverticulisis havent heard that. But there is no cure except surgery other wise its a life long thing that you live with, The episodes of infection with it is hidious pain and blood muscus discharge unfortunely mine is with bleeding. I just started Metamucil I hope it helps.
  • Posted

I will pray for you. I know how you feel. I just got back from ultrasound and entrometrial biopsy I have Crohn's disease as well and now suffering from muscle spasms and tingly feeling in feet haven't slept in days. Ive had dizziness for 1 1/2 years Dr puttin me on progesterone to see if it helps any I could use prayers as well

• Posted

Scou, I sure will pray for you as well. My daughter has HD (Hirschsprungs Disease) She is 21 years old and has tons of surgery and spent first 9 years of her life in and out ICU she got her first colostomy at 3 weeks old and her permamnet ones at 4 years old plus a permanet fistula, I know tummy issuess all to well :-( And now my Diverticulisis. Do you have a illostomy?
    • Posted

Thanks everyone. I just need sleep like asap. Praying my leg/foot settles. I don't have illostomy. I follow a strick diet and take Natrens probiotics. I swear by it. Sorry about your daughter that's awful. I know someone who has a illostomy and says it was best thing they did. Thanks again for advice and prayers. Nice to know I'm not alone

• Posted

I will pray for both of you. And for everyone on this thread that is struggling to get through this confusing and difficult time. When they called it the 'Change of Life' they know what they were talking about!!!

• Posted

They sure did Shazanne!  I appreciate your prayers thank you hugs!
    • Posted

Prayers for all here on this thred from me too xx
  • Posted

Hi Crosado, well I'm sure you know the particulars of diverticulitis, no seeds or nuts, like peanuts walnuts or almonds, also no foods with small seeds that can get into the pockets, also no popcorn or corn of any type, no poppy seeds or sesame seeds. Eating cooked vegetables or steamed are an excellent way to help your system. Metamucil helps with fiber bulking, but the best way to help your diverticulitis is by going on a soup with vegetable program you can puree it so it upset your diverticulitis. Also, diverticulitis runs in families. You need to change your diet to include fruits and vegetables. A high fiber diet of grains, like quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, pasta, rye bread, cracked wheat, and wild rice. I took care of patients with diverticulitis so I would design a food program of mostly pureed foods for about a week until their bleeding stopped. Also, drink lots of water with your food.

• Posted

oops, I do hope they put in an edit button!

***vegetable program you can puree it s it WON'T upset your diverticulitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.