Diverticulita

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI i have had some tests done : Blood Tests / Ultra sound Scan to see if i have Diverticulita was wondering what symptoms any one else had prior to diagnosis thanks in advance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had bloating of the belly mostly left side, abdomen pain. diaherra.

what are you feeling hope you get answers soon. If it is this you will have to watch what your eating stay away from whole wheat and fibers until its calmed down. Stay away from , Spicy food, onions try and eat plan foods. Or soups. dont eat anything with small seeds as this can get stuck in your colon and will flare up

. After my surgery l lived of corn flakes with 2 % milk or almond milk. And introduced fiber back in slowly. I don't eat whole grain bread any more. Google what foods reach the colon and just stay away from them for now until the flare up is over. But what works for me might not work for you. I keep a food diary to see what foods make me uncomfortable. Hoping you get answers soon.

• Posted

HI thanks for your reply when all this started i thought i had a virus as i felt so unwell no energy light headed ached all over pain in my lower stomach diarrhea also needing to wee a lot thought at first it was a water infection but that came

me back clear , i have a pressing uncomfortable feeling like pressure all the time does that sound familiar to you .

• Posted

yes unfortunately i thought l had a kidney stone. i went to hosp because could not stop being sick and very ill. i had septic posioning and just hrs away from shutting down. A abscess exploded and caused a hole in my colon. I spent two weeks in hosp on 5 diffrent antibiotics and fluid no food just fluids. Then surgery had moat of my intestines cut away and my colon patched and cleared. If your still feeling horrible and in pain go straight to hospital don't leave it till somthing is deadly wrong.

You might just need a course of antibiotics and just clear liquids for a few days. Dont want to scare you but if its really bothering you go to emergency.

• Posted

Oh no that sounds awful must have been very scary good you finally got it sorted hope all is well now .

i am feeling a lot better now and hope to see the Doctor tomorow , I had thought i had a Virus due to the general feeling of being unwell , My GP thinks it could be Diverticulita and ordered the blood tests and Ultra sound scan so will have to see what shows up , thanks for your concern i would go straight to Hospital if it got any worse take care .

• Posted

The most typical symptom is lower left quadrant stabbing pain, although the pain could be higher or central. People of Asian descent can get right quadrant pain. Sometimes the pain comes over in swamping waves, like childbirth. Then you could have fever/chills/temperature/nausea from the infection, constipation and/or diarrhoea, passing bright red blood.

• Posted

with me I had painful tummy I was walking slightly bent with pain constipation acid reflux and sometimes period style pains I also get wind pains in back and chest like someone's blown me up I was diagnosed after lots of scans tests etc.sadly a lot of doctors give different info on diet one told me not to eat corn seeds fibre another said increase it think you need to see what your body tolerates .

• Posted

I was diagnosed 4 years ago and these sound familiar there are lots of symptoms feeling generally washed out I was at the beginning on sick for 3 weeks as I was diagnosed with food poisoning wanted to sleep all the the time I ended up in hospital with 4 drips 2 antibiotics saline and Buscopan and on tramadol and paracetamol I have small flare ups unfortunately you never know when a flare up will happen once you get it sorted you usually work out what will help you .I hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.