Diverticulitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 2 colonoscopies, 3 endoscopes, they found IBS and diverticulitis which have been told that it or I will sort itself out, I honestly don't know how some doctors can sleep at night or even be me for a couple of days and see how life is, not happy I can assure you!

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I know. I have Crohn's disease and it took years for it to show up. If the diverticulitis doesn't clear you should be put on antibiotics until it does. IBS can be really unfun. I have that problem as well. The best thing for that might not be the best for the other, so follow any instructions your doctor gives you. Hang in there it gets better, I am proof of that.. I felt like I was going to die years ago, but I got better.
    • Posted

Thanks craig, I'm going to doctors tomorrow with the diverticularitist because it takes even more energy out of you. IBS I can deal with. I'm continually taking Imodium, fybrogel and pain killers it's bizarre. Thanks for your support
    • Posted

Hi Craig 

having these issues and hoping it sorts out over time what can you tell me you do for regular home treatments. I refuse to get invasive tests anymore and use mostly a healthy diet but that's not always the best option. Take care. 

Jannie 

• Posted

There is not much you can do at home, except watch what your eating, certain foods can irritate it, but it's like a minefield I've had disease for over 20 years and still get flare ups.
    • Posted

I went to doctors with similar symptoms and he thinks it's gastroenteritis
    • Posted

My flare ups vary, it can be 2 days and it can be 2 weeks, it comes from no where so it is unpredictable
    • Posted

Sorry it took a while for me to respond. There isn't a lot one can do except eat a proper meal. In other words try to eat healthy as possible. I take probiotics as well these have been helpful. I still suffer with daily pain from it but it is tollerable. You don't have to go through lots of tests, just a few that are relivant to your situation. Always ask your doctor why they want each test so you can understand them and decide if it is something you really need. Also second opinion is always a good idea.
  • Posted

Be happy they are not finding stuff

I'm scared to death of these procedures that they may

Eat healthy take it one day at a time

• Posted

I do take it one day at a time, however I have added complications, I took a stroke, I have athritis too, I have asthma and depression,, fabriomyialgia and now menaupausal, I do try and stay positive but it's getting more difficult
    • Posted

I'm sorry I didn't mean to down play your health concern

I'm going through a rough patch now myself

And I have test next week and I'm scared

I hope all the best for all us suffering

• Posted

You didn't down play it, I know you were just trying to eel me up, I've had illness after illness for what seems forever and you can't help get your bad days, hope your results go your way x
    • Posted

Thanks

(While I type this)

My stomach is having indigestion

My wife wants me to stay positive , but it's hard when I don't heal..so I understand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.