Diverticulitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi can you help. I have had a few flairs since November; at the moment I have a bad pain in my lower back and having difficulty standing up right, I feel well no sickness and no chill just the pain. Does anyone else get this? 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds like me pain in the lower left stomach and left side in my lower back, no temperature or sickness etc.

If I sleep on my left side during the night it wakes me up with a worse pain both stomach and back !

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply. the pain is right across the lower back from one side to the other is this part of the infection that's healing .

many thanks 

• Posted

Hi,

not sure about healing as I've had it a quite a few weeks now and it's a visit to the Doc next week.

Some days are better than others where I don't have much pain and others not so good.

I'm trying to be positive but it does get you down but wonder what caused it🙄.

• Posted

When you say you are having a flair, do you mean an infection or just pain?
  • Posted

I only had the one attack but was in hospital on iv with abscess.  Now I am feeling great, I take a probiotic every day and eat healthy small meals.  I do feel a little ache in my lower left back especially if I am on my feel alot.  I was wondering what that meant as well?  Is it that my abscess isn't totally healed?  I have an appointment with my gi doctor next week and will ask.

• Posted

Hi nanny2244 that's the first sign I get when having a flaire up weakness in lpwer part of my back when this happens i go on liqiud onlyfor 24 to 48 hrs to give the bowel a rest so I don't get a infection and have to go on antibiotics it works most of the time but not always hope this helps Polly BA21

• Posted

Is it possible that you have a kidney infection also?  That can cause backpain. Maybe you should have an urinalysis done just in case.  When the pain is from diverticulitis, I take donnatal only when the pain gets so bad that I can't take it and go on a combo of levaquin and flagyl for infection.  This works for me.  I hope you get over the pain.  Gina

• Posted

Hi Gina, I notice you say you take Levaquin and I just wanted to advise you that it's not a good idea to take this particular antibiotic (or the other fluoroquinolones e.g. Cipro).  You may have taken it ok so far but it can accumulate in the body and give you a serious reaction (called Floxing - there are many websites about it).  The FDA issued a warning about it last July because it can cause 'serious and permanent disabling side effects'. 

Take care, and maybe ask your doc for a different antibiotic to Levaquin (and the other fluoroquinolones) next time you need one.  Hope this helps!

• Posted

I knew about the tendonitis.  I have taken it a number of times over the years, thank God with no adverse effects.   I didn't know about the other not so good effects of it.  Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

• Posted

My husband was badly affected by it so I try to warn people whenever I can.  He took one course of Cipro (same fluoroquinolone family as Levo) with no problems at all then his second course 8 months later had him crying in agony.  He's not too bad now (4 years on) but some people never really get over it.  Not trying to scare you but I think it might be best if you bever take any of this particularly evil group again.  Stay safe.

• Posted

Hi guys, hipe you can all read this. Sorry not been back to you , not to good
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you're not so good, hope you start to feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.