Diverticulitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I just got out of the hospital after 4 days of antibiotics for my first diverticulitis attack and I got sent home on 10 more days flagyl and bactrim. I was wondering how long before My stomach will be back to normal? I’ve just been real gasey? I wasn’t sure If the bloatiness and gas was from the flagyl and bactrim? Thanks in advance! 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Time to find another doc!  There are many ways to control it, and to deal with it if you do have another attack.  I have had 3 in about 10 years.  My doc said nothing to worry about unless they become much more frequent or severe.  And to add a quick note about the fiber supplement.  My doc also recommended metamucil, but I couldn't do that b/c of the side effects - too much bloating and gas.  I found the capsules Fiber Con and they work very well for me.  Just have to be sure and drink plenty of water.  

• Posted

Thank you so much! I’ve just been reading a lot of testimonies on here of individuals living a very happy life even with this disease. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.