Diverticulitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Diverticulitis

Hi I was diagnosed with this condition in 2016 and keep having these same problems regularly.

Please can anyone tell if the pain you get in the lower left side and in your back is due to one of the pouches being inflamed as I am trying to understand what is going on because I do not feel ill I have no temperature I am going to the loo It is just this dam pain is immobilising as when I more around it gets worst

many thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Could be headed toward an infection, but w/o fever and severe pain, probably has not reached that point. Head it off by going on a liquid diet for a couple days and low fiber and see if that helps. Also try a probiotic .

• Posted

Hi Cindy, thanks for the reply, I’m sorry I have not got back to you sooner, not had a good day.

I don't know if you are in the UK but I use Actimel multi fruits and think it is a probiotic

Can you suggest anything better

• Posted

Hi Dee Thanks for the reply, sorry not got back to you sooner but that is what I am afraid of, as I do not want to end up back in hospital so really being careful

• Posted

I have just the same symptoms, no fever but the pain and going to the loo, not diarrhoea . I cut back on my eating, stick to low fiber, plain chicken, potatoes, porridge, fruit without skins and after a few days the pain eases. I don't think the pouches are infected but inflamed so antibiotics are not needed, however if I do start to feel worse, feaver, feeling sick, fuzzy headed, then I will ask for some.

• Posted

Hi Jane thank for input I been just the same, I find it very confusing. When to doc on had the pain but wasn’t as bad. She gave me a prescription for Antibiotics but it was late so I could not get them until Saturday but blow me when i got up the pain had gone, I have kept the prescription for use another time just in case it comes back. Still watching what I eat. Merry Christmas to you all

Many thanks Tom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.