Diverticulitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello im new to the forum. i had my first attack the day after Thanksgiving. Had extreme pain in my lower stomach and could not move my bowels. I went to work with constant pain in my back and stomach .

I had to vomit after a while. I felt better after that. when I came home I was able to have a bowel movement. thought I was better. The next day extreme tenderness in abdomen and blood in urine. Went to ER was diagnosed with diverticulitis. Almost a week later I'm a little better but still tired and when I get a little twinge i still see blood in urine. Have to be on antibiotics til next Wed. Has anyone else had blood in urine from diverticulitis attack

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Diane,

I'm having a flare up at the moment and have blood in my urine. My doctor didn't think it was related, but I thought it was because I had a few days hardly drinking, so had got a UTI, BUT, I haven't had the bacteria from confirmed yet, so maybe I'm wrong. Have you had any more info about it?

• Posted

Hi Julia.

A UTI was not the reason for the blood in my urine as the ER had done a urinalysis. The doc in the Er did say the blood could be from the inflamed part of the bowel being in contact with the bladder. I have researched it since and i found that could be the cause. Thankfully the blood is gone and i am feeling much better. Did you get your urinalysis back yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.