Diverticulitis and Bladder Issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone was having problems similar to myself and if they found anything that helped. Just before Lockdown 1 in the UK in 2020 I was diagnosed with 2 conditions, Diverticulitis and Painful Bladder Syndrome (Interstitial Cystitis). I was rushed into hospital with a fever and in for 3 days and then had a colonoscopy which discovered I had diverticulitis. I was then signed off from the hospital and not told any more or what really to do, I do try and watch what I eat. That was end of January and in the Feb I was referred to the hospital because of a weak bladder, I thought I had a prolapse which I didn't as I have had several major ops and been cut open twice. I feel there may be a link, with the painful bladder you have to watch what you eat as certain foods can trigger the pain, food like tomato based and soy sauce. I am now on medicine, quite a high dosage for it to control the pain. At times my bladder is out of control and I hardly drink anything as scared to. I feel it is pressure from my bowel.

Just wondered if anyone else going through similar and how they dealing with it as it can be both embarassing and depressing!

Thanks

Shelley 55

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.