diverticulitis and bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have got diverticulitis and had it for 18 months having the worse flare up l

Have ever had im constantly bleeding and havnt had a decent bowel movement in weeks doctor sent me to hospital as she thought i had a perforation as i had a pain going from my right side up to my shoulder had a scan and they found what they thought was a mass in my bowel and something on my lung . Had a deep colonoscopy and my bowel was seen to be clear but have found cancer in my lung since colonoscopy i have not stopped bleeding passing blood and clots so went for another colonoscopy they could not finish it as my right side was swollen so they gave me another ct scan and have ruled out cancer of the bowel i have to build myself up for chemo and radiotherapy but im so stressed i feel sick and dont know what to eat any more

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jenny

Just wondering how you're doing

Sunni

• Posted

Im doing ok thanks sunni i think i will be starting my chemo next monday as my bowel is getting better not as much bleeding now and have been told there is no cancer in my bowel just my lung so it is half the battle xxx
  • Posted

Hi Jenny,

Glad parts of you are better.  I think my flare up is over..only lasted 3 1/2 weeks.  still a bit of blood ever bm but am seeing doctor tomorrow so will see what he has to say.

Sunni

• Posted

Hi Jenny, Finally had my CT scan. I know have diverticulitis in the stomach as well. Can't believ how Drs can mis diagnose such things as I went through a week in pain. Funny thing is that I had no pain in the bowel. So does this mean I can have a flare up at different times in two different places. Damn diverticulitis. Wish they could cure it other than surgery. Think that is out for me 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.