Diverticulitis and shingles

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with diverticulitis 2 weeks ago and now I also have shingles. Has this happened to anyone else? I am miserable.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Kimberley. I have diverticulitis at the moment and have had spinal shingles previously, I realise how crap you feel. It will ease and you are amongst a great set of people for support here

• Posted

Thanks Scouwegian. I am trying to keep positive, but I feel like crying all the time. I have a lot of stress in my life and now all of this. I am eating low fiber. This is a totally different from how I used to eat. I always ate low carb and I ate a lot of raw vegetables. Now that I an on meds for the shingles I am hoping that will go away.
    • Posted

nothing wrong with a good cry, then you start to fight again wink

the shingles will pass again, read the dietary advice of others on the forum and finds what works for your diverticular.  There is no one fix for everybody as we all differ, I find I cannot handle red meats, nuts, seeds, root vegetables, mushrooms, red onions crucify me. Alcohol, fizzy drinks and caffeine are a thing of the past for me. I seem ok with white bread, white rice, chicken, fish and boiled potatoes, bit boring but it helps me.

If you have a decent doctor/consultantant explain everything to them about how your feeling and seek advice, have all the tests pain in the bum though they are(literally)and think about how you wish to fight this

Ask questions on here, there are NO daft questions, our fellow suffrerers are a superb bunch full of ideas and advice will always help.

If you wish to chat PM me

Keep your head up and your bum down  redface

Steve

• Posted

My mood is a little better now. The mornings are always the

hardest. I know that things will get better. I have been reading

other peoples post and they are very helpful. Thank-you for your

advice. I will be using this site a lot.

• Posted

Glad you feel a bit brighter, the more you stress about this the worse you will feel. Find humour where you can, be as open as you can with your nearest and dearest so they can understand and help. Same goes for your boss if you are working, there are times where it will interfere with your life. If you take care and help yourself then you can limit its impact to a degree

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.