Diverticulitis back pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was hospitalized 6 weeks ago for my first diverticulitis attack which caused an abscess and bowel perforation. I finished 30 days of antibiotics and am trying to navigate through the low residue diet. In addition to the abdominal discomfort I have had lower back pain, in the right hip area and neck that has been there and remains since the initial attack. Has anyone else experienced this? Or am i just overthinking this. Maybe stress, tension? I do isometric and light yoga stretches but it doesn't seem to help. I am clueless about this stuff and the internet is full of contradictions as are some of the medical staff! But I agree with many of you, this site is wonderful for finding information.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I had some pain in my back and a bunch on pain on my left pelvic area during my first attack. I'm currently on the antibiotics and feel like junk. No back pain today but still not completely over the other pain.

• Edited

hi

new here after currently recovering and like most stumbling across this site.

not my first attack, with hindsight, but my first serious attack with diagnosis after a CT scan.

I am suffering lower back pain too, and did a few days before the attack, didn't really think much of it, but the ache continues and just makes me generally unable to get 'comfortable'

you're not imagining it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.