Diverticulitis bleeding coming and going in stool fine one day then bleeding the next need

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was in the hospital For two days got a colonoscopy done also a CAT scan show that I have diverticulitis they also said they removed one pylip I’ve been bleeding often on for a few days now anyone else have this problem

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

was the bleeding after the colonscopy or before ?

• Posted

i was bleeding before the colonscopy i got it done on a Wednesday not much bleeding after i came home on Thursday started bleeding Again bleeding friday and sat reguler stool sunday now bleeding monday morning it stoped 2 times and came back

• Posted

i was bleeding before the colonscopy i got it done on a Wednesday not much bleeding after i came home on Thursday started bleeding Again bleeding friday and sat reguler stool sunday now bleeding monday morning it stoped 2 times and came back

• Posted

Are you on antibiotics? Maybe infection hasn't healed up yet. What did doctor say? Have you gotten results on the Polyp yet?

• Posted

no antibiotics i go to my Gi doctor Thursday i was told by the Gi doctor in the hospital all looks good but i should get checked every 5-10 years because my body Develops polyps

• Posted

now this morning Little to no blood in my stool

• Posted

I believe that the person who replied that bleeding is caused from a polyps before and a little after removal. I believe what they shared to be correct. My son had bleeding before he found out he had a polyps and shortly after the removal of them.

You are blessed, its not the dreaded disease diverticulitis!

• Posted

Are you sure you were told you have diverticulitis or just diverticula and a polyp? A lot of people have diverticula. Diverticulitis is when the diverticula becomes inflamed. It is very painful and requires antibiotics to kill the bacteria. Having a polyp or having one removed can cause bleeding. If it persists I would call your doctor just to make sure .

• Posted

maybe diverticula and a polyp removed not much pain The surgeon that did the procedure told me eat more fruits and vegetables and I should be fine stay away from tomatoes and seeds

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.