Diverticulitis fear

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi.

I am new to this patient info site, but I am really needing a bit of advice.

I recently had the first attack of what was later diagnosed as diverticulitis.

I didn't take the prescribed antibiotics, and it cleared up by itself with limited effort on my part (few dietary changes) .

Now only 4 months later I have had a much more serious attack.... severe lower left abdomen pain, hugely distended stomach, sweating and chills.

I tried to contact my gp but couldn't even get a telephone appointment. As I still had the antibiotics from the first attack ,I have started taking them (3 days ago)

After reading far too much conflicting information on the Internet, I decided that I would be proactive, and made clear soup and went for a walk following advice that it would help.... I made it 300 yards before I was shaking, sweating and in pain from both my stomach, back and left hip... I suppose I'm scared now, I'm self employed and cannot see how I can work tomorrow.

can anyone offer me a positive response?, I also can't sleep and I feel really tired.

I don't know how I will effectively live with this and still maintain my job and my ability to cope. what should I do?. I don't want to read anymore horror stories because I'm a sensitive soul and I want to try and preserve my feelings.

if anyone could offer advice, or is there anyone I could speak to, like a helpline etc I would very much appreciate it.... feeling very isolated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.