Diverticulitis first infection/anxiety/panic /please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, i was diagnosed with diver late feb. i then on the 13th may i had my first infection. i didnt know it was an infection but the pain was different and horrific. i waited a week before i was given antibiotics (bank holiday weekend) as my doctors didnt have any record of my diagnoses. the pain is truely frightening. after the seven days of antibiotics it took a further 5 days to see any relief i was to sure whether the infection had gone (its not like you can see it and its my first infection) and so i started another course of antibiotics that has caused severe diarrhoea and then i became worse i have now been told i have a further three week to see improvement it has been over a month and this has given me horrific anxietyshaking etc please offer any words of advice help i feel like i have been left to deal with this at home and forgotten about

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. I am just getting through my first battle with the "itis" as well. I think your infection may have been more severe since you didn't get on the antibiotics until a week after. Did you get a ct scan to show the severity? What antibiotics did you take/how long? I was admitted and on IV antibiotics for a few days before doing oral. I still have residual soreness and some pains in the affected area when gas/feces go through it. I am a few weeks out from the original episode and am hoping it fades out. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.