Diverticulitis or not? Please help !!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there,

Please can someone help me as I'm starting to feel desparate about the pain I have.

It started on my left side on my back about the level of my waist, it moved to the side then the front. The pain is like an ache and a stitch it is mostly at the front but today it has moved back to the back and the front.

I have had 2 visits the doctors, they examined my stomach (which was very tender all over). I have had blood tests and urine tests nothing has come back apart from a potential fatty liver. The doctor said she'd send me for a celiac test blood test but i have to eat wheat/gluten for a week before the test and i dont think i can manage that with as it makes me very painfully constipated. she was very vague about what it could be and mentioned that it could just be constipation. I have had the pain for nearly 4 weeks and i am going to the toilet at least twice a day, I don't think its constispation. She prescribed Buscopan for the pain. Today it feels like im being stabbed in the back every 20

seconds. I think its most likely to be Divertulitis but thats just from googling. My Mum died from Ovarian Cancer which makes me feel very unsettled with some random pain. I have no other symptoms at all apart from the pain. Does this sound familiar to anyone who's had Divertulitus.

Sorry about the spelling I'm typing fast on my phone and it isn't correcting anything!

Thank you for listening X.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sound like it could be your gallbladder.

request a scan.

fingers crossed for you and wishing you you well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.