Diverticulitis or something worse?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

I have been having stomach issue for about 6 months now, it started with a slight discomfort in my left side of my stomach which felt like gas pains (and probably is) after a while I started to have a lot of gases very day, tried to change my diet but nothing worked, so I had some test like ct scan, 2 sets of blood tests and stool test, every thing was fine except a slightly high calprotectin of 120, doctor says it would be good with a colonoscopy but I can't have it now cause of the pandemic and I really don't wanna go to the hospital unless it's absolutely necessary.

Today I'm still having a lot of gas every day, especially in the morning when I wake up, together with a slight change in my bowel movements, pains in my lower left side.

Could this be diverticulitis or something more serious? I feel fine otherwise.

I'm a 28 year old male.

Appreciate any answers I can get.

Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

kinda sounds like what i have the moment. suffered from slight ibs pains since 18, but out of nowhere eveyday when i wake up, it feels like a build up in my lower left side of gas which doesnt go, sometimes kinda feels like theres a knot or something, goes slight during the day if i go for a run.

Had blood full blood count and doctor says everything is fine and wants me to go on proper ibs pills, as buscopan aint working. He just says its ibs like they always do 😄

• Posted

Yes that would make sense actually, but you know, I can't help to think that it's going to be something more serious.

Maybe I should just should relax a bit until I get diagnosed.

Thanks a lot guys!

• Posted

of course every abdominal pain they say it's ibs I'm tired of this..They don't do enough tests...I went almost 15 times different hospitals but nothing they just say maybe it's ibs

• Posted

same I'm so scared that there may be something serious...you just have left abdominal pain...I have whole abdominal pain...I hope we get the helpful medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.