Diverticulitis. Should I be taking cipro when taking thyroid medication. Or do not take cipro at all

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just having another bout with diverticulitis.

It knocks me out and I have a plane trip in two days. What to do?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Suggest you check with your doctor ASAP.  You will need medication for both conditions - it's just a case of checking to be sure you can take the two together or if you need alternative medication.

• Posted

Thank you will check with Dr. Of course it is Saturday hopefully I will get a reply.

Continue my clear liquid diet.

• Posted

I would phone your DR and ask for advice I am sorry I can't be more help

• Posted

Heard back from Dr. Yes I can take cipro with the thyroid medication. Thank Goodness.

I am feeling better but not 100%.

Day by Day.

Thank you everyone

• Posted

Glad to hear that you can take the two medications Janice.  I hope that you enjoy your trip. x
    • Posted

Glad you are slowly feeling better.  Take it slow and steady, small meals, plenty of water.  This is disease that takes patience and time.  Best wishes
  • Posted

I am so sorry Janice, of all the times to have an attack!    Diverticulitis causes much anxiety because it is unpredictable, planning a trip, holiday etc is a nightmare.  For example, in four weeks time I am going on a very expensive river cruise in Portugal, it is all paid for.  I am terrified that I will have an attack the day or two before, after this I would be capable of travelling with antibiotics although my holiday would be spoilt.  How important is your plane trip?

• Posted

Timing is everything. I do have to take this trip.

Enjoy your trip but make sure you have that medication with you.

Hopefully if I just rest and take it easy and on the clear liquid diet I will be good.

Thank you

• Posted

My consultant told me if iam afraid I might need the toilet while traveling to take half an Imodium to help
    • Posted

I'm sure that you will be ok Janice, at least you have some time to recover.  Hopefully I will be able to take my holiday.   In the last three months, I have lost my mother-in-law and at the end of April, my very young dog collapsed with congestive heart failure and at most has 10 months to live.   Last week a very dear friend died unexpectedly, I need a diversion to take my mind off these sad things in my life.  Take care, I hope that your travel plans are all good. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.