Diverticulitis surgery vs no surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have had 3 flair ups in 2 months. 2 CT SCAN so far. My Doctor suggest surgery. Can any one recommend alternative action?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

With my last flare I had to take a second round of antibiotics that lasted 21 days.  Even tho I had felt ok, the CT scan showed continuing infection.   Now it's been another 3 months and I am very good.  I woke up yesterday with a twinge of discomfort in one small area, so I just kept on clear fluids only for the next 8 hours.  Then all stayed calm inside.   Also, I take tablets of grapefruit seed extract daily and take inulin pre-biotic and a probiotic with each meal.  2 weeks of drugs may not be enough time to kill the bad bugs and also heal a perforation.

• Posted

I heard that GSE is good so I got the liquid form, what kind of prebiotic and probiotics do u use? I cannot do eggs or dairy anymore, and I just got a blender so any suggestions on what to blend ? I use almond or coconut milk now, and is enriched white bread better than wheat ? I was so afraid to eat, lost 34lbs, I’m 4 months out and just have diverticulosis now, but got major diarrhea for 12 days now with lower back pain and burning in lower ab. , but all labs and Cat scan shows no signs of a flare, so confusing! 
    • Posted

I eat blanded over cooked carrots, salary and chicken meat. No raw food.

Ensure with high protein. Aloe Vera juice, coconut water, lots of tea: peppermint, ginger, today I will try cream of wheat with water.

• Posted

Also I have purchased and drink beef bone broth.
    • Posted

Yeah, I do the beef bone broth, potatoes,yams, carrots, canned sugar free pears , Salmon, rice, and deli meats on a roll. I’m going to try the LowFODMAT diet , lotsa recipes for blended foods , I was told not to do the ensure drinks cuz of the dairy, made me feel icky when I drank them. I do lotsa teas but can’t do ginger. Or eggs , so my diet is very boring and need to find diff things and ways of cooking and blending. I do the Aloe Vera Juice daily also Golden Milk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.