DIVERTICULITIS SYMPTOMS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a question.  When you are having a flare up is it normal to get this mucous like substance but no signs of bowel movement.  I was just wondering if this is a common symptom.

Marie

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes my son suffers from multiple diverticulitis and has had this many times.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie thank you for responding at least I know there are people like me.  I wish your son well
  • Posted

Hi sorry Ur having a flare up now. I think it could just be normal if your going a lot. Keep an eye on your bowels when you eat wheat as it could be a sign of intolerance. Try not to worry.
  • Posted

Afraid I have no idea. Only just been diagnosed with severe diverticulosis and haven't even seen a GI Doctor yet, just left to contend with the pain on my own and no advice, apart from the guidance I've received on here. Sorry can't help.

• Posted

Hi Susan I am sorry you are going through this.  I know the pain can be very

severe.  I usually take Advil for the pain & it does help me.  I hope you get relief

real soon.  Feel better

• Posted

Yes it is . I get it too and it can be bloody. You need to go on a bland diet. Shame on Christmas Day though. 
    • Posted

Thank you Angela for your input it helps a lot to hear you are not alone and yes 

it’s a bummer having a flare up during the holidays

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.