Diverticulosis advice please

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Ive just signed up to this forum hoping for advice from fellow sufferers.

I've had this issue for 5 weeks now, It seems that everyone agrees Dr's agree that is what I'm suffering from, and I was told after a colonoscopy 18 months ago I had diverticulitis pouches.

I've had no issues since that time maybe just lucky?

Foolishly, I had a week where without paying attention ad I'd never had an issue that I had read meat 3 times in 7 days, very rare for me but I did.

The bloating and abdominal pain has been very unpleasant and Dr gave me antibiotics the first week. Blood tests and urine all came back fine.

Because its ongoing I've paid to speak to a Consultant dietician who instructed me to follow a low residue diet., and take Laxido. No problem I'll do whatever it takes. My query is whenever I do housework for say an hour or gardening, the bloating and pain seems to worsen. Is this normal? I'm beginning to wonder what else could be going on.

Can it take weeks to get back to normal. It is very frustrating as I'm naturally a very active person and keep going all day with various things.

Thank you so much for any advice or knowledge you can share

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.