Diverticulosis and Polyp

Posted , 4 users are following.

My recent colonoscopy showed "severe diverticulosis" and a 20mm polyp that was inside one of the diverticula. He biopsied the polyp, but could not remove it. Now the gastroenterologist is suggesting surgery. After scanning the internet, I've been unable to find any cases of a polyp INSIDE a diverticula, but I know it's there, because I have the photo. Really not sure how to proceed. My follow-up appointment with the doctor was moved up to this Tuesday. Thoughts? Ideas? Similar experiences?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

they may leave it alone if its not causing issues.

just saying. why did they performed colonoscopy on first place? whats your symptoms or a diagnosis

• Posted

The biopsy showed the polyp as pre-cancerous, so they want to remove it before any real problems start. I have had pre-cancerous polyps removed before, so I have a colonoscopy every 3 years.

• Posted

now that make sense...

do not let yourself down... let your faith be bigger then your fears.

friend of mine in work had 20+ polyps removed with the same condition as you.... he adjusted his diet....no sugar and limited carbs...and his condition improved drastically... he gets thebcheck ups and they remove thenpolyps and then he is grand

you kinda have to find what suit for you. thanks

and take care

• Posted

Wait for your follow up appointment; your doctor will tell you how to proceed.

• Posted

Just want to learn as much as I can before I meet the colorectal surgeon, I hate walking into an appointment with a new doctor without understanding the situation beforehand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.