DIVI DINERS

Posted , 82 users are following.

Returning from a hospital session of Drips and Deprevation (food) I was handed a Low Residue diet to follow. Scant in products,and information what to do with said products, I searced the web for more information, 

onlt to find contradictory eat's and don't eats, so I thought that WE the 

sufferers of food deprevation should start our own Divi Diners club and see if we can throw some light on the subject.

Ilove mushrooms,but cannot find any info about them.

How do we achieve our five a day if we can't eat fruit? Is it O.K. to take the

skins off?

Can we have chips or roasties,or fish with batter on?

Spices, do any of you use spices. and what do you put on spaghetti?

Can we blitz veggies, as stews and casseroles are forbidden?

Pastry is allowed, but no mentoin of which type.

So. can we help each other ,then at least when ,or if we ,dine out, we can

order something from the menu.

I cannot eat boiled potatoes ,eggs (is it O.K to have a fried one?)

jelly and rice pudding for ever. .

So please join in and share your doe's and dont's. mushrooms eaters

would be good to hear from.

13 likes, 1185 replies

1185 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi both, great idea, but why avoid onions?

Also why not start a Facebook page with this on like the one for Bile Salt Malabsorption. 

I also would not eat a lot of bread as this causes me awful wind. Gluten free is also a good way to go. My poor colon after the sushi I ate yesterday.....

• Posted

Hello. thanks for your comments. Was the sushi a one off .or was the

fish off'?

Bread is a problem, though I  do enjoy a bacon "butty" but have not yet

found out if bacon is acceptable.

Can't do Facebook, 

Jacqui

i

• Posted

Hi Jacqui how are you doing now has your flare up been sorted? Anymore helpful diet or other advice from the docs lol? 😌
    • Posted

Linda, nice to hear from you My" flare  " or ,as I now call them explosions

has retreated for now, but I am obviously putting the wrong foods into my 

system ,so I thoughtb the Divi Diners ought to be reactivated so  help 

can is at hand  I did wonder about batter and if anyone has eaten a 

battered fish and been given  the divi an excuse to set off 

Is it the flour or the oil . I did have a croissant first one for months, but 

I can't see that set it off. not quite sure what sort of flour is used 

How are you ? Well I hope  ? 

We all seem to be tippy toeing through the larder

I wonder what we would put on the menu if we had a Divi gathering .xx 

• Posted

What are right or wrong foods? I think sometimes your body handles the same foods differently at different times if that makes sense. Haven't eaten batter in a long time so don't know about that. My bugbear seems to be seeds and anything with fruit and sultanas in. So out go fruit cake and lovely tea cakes 😢
    • Posted

AAHH tea cakes toasted and covered in butter and strawberry jam . 

I did wonder if it was the different acids that are in different sections of the

guts may vary in their ability to cope ,and change the strength to devour

food ,and let it collect  Are you impressed with that, ? It just popped out

• Posted

The mind boggles with your theory lol and raspberry and strawberry jam are out. People think I am being awkward when I refuse certain foods but then they haven't got the pain like we have 😒
    • Posted

Tip tree make seedless Jams  Go shopping I  buy mine from a garden 

centre who sell interetind deli stuff and marmalade without any peel  Tiptree again

The acid thing came about, because the acid in our stomach is strong

enough to melt concrete so what 's the prob with nuts and dried fruit 

and veggies ,that are supposed to be water ,someone has got it

wrong somewhere .

• Posted

excuse spelling ,it should read  "interesting" deli  stuff

How come I can write  proper, but not press keys proper

• Posted

Acid could be involved i also have a hiatus hernia that used to give me heartburn. I have been reading Jons post and funnily enough have manuka honey quite often perhaps the secret to keeping the pain bearable? Oh to turn the clock back a few years and eat what you want! ☺️
    • Posted

Now now Linda chin up. I get my Manuka from Holland & B they at

least sell the real McCoy   It's nuts I miss and strawberries and chilli and curry and oh the list is endless sad 

• Posted

Hi have you found the jams yet ?

I have been thinking about picking all the fruit out of a teacake the lovely

taste would still be there.Desperation leads to desperate acts

Been scoffing melon , and mangoes love it when the juice runs down my

chops Can we have pineapple ?? Is it on any no no list

• Posted

Forgot to tell you H&B are finally doing a special on Manuka
    • Posted

Ha ha don't think picking all the fruit out would be doable. Am still eating seedless jam a friend made but will look for tiptree. I love mango and can eat pineapple yummy 😀
    • Posted

Glad you mentioned pineapple ,I just posted Jon (OUR FARTING GURU 

about them  I like them chopped up and put in with chicken and noodles

Aldi sell the juiciest mangoes  Will get some tomorrow and a pineapple before the op, because I will not be able to drive for a couple of weeks 

I will have to get some tea cakes as i will have plenty of time, maybe not

so easy with one hand another good idea crushed !!  

• Posted

Just tormenting myself big time ,watching Diners Drive -ins and Dives

Proper food ,droolinnnnnng

• Posted

Three years ,,,unbelievable.... just trawling through the forum ,lots of stuff that I avoided like the plague is now on my ""scoff ""list.The terror of the unknown has faded somewhat, and still ,,after all this time,,, we still have no one or nowhere to turn to ,or ask.. Don't know if you are still attached to this forum, but would love o know how you are

Jacqueline   

• Posted

I agree that our bodies tolerate foods differently at different times. For instance, I dearly love popcorn. It can be a tremendous digestive aid when eaten after dinner. It can also send you to your bed if your diverticula are inflamed.

• Posted

yes I agree the body handles the same foods differently at different times. I think something that might be the reason is anxiety. We all know what that can do to the digestive system added to that rushing food etc might just triggers symptoms. ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.