DIVI DINERS

Posted , 82 users are following.

Returning from a hospital session of Drips and Deprevation (food) I was handed a Low Residue diet to follow. Scant in products,and information what to do with said products, I searced the web for more information, 

onlt to find contradictory eat's and don't eats, so I thought that WE the 

sufferers of food deprevation should start our own Divi Diners club and see if we can throw some light on the subject.

Ilove mushrooms,but cannot find any info about them.

How do we achieve our five a day if we can't eat fruit? Is it O.K. to take the

skins off?

Can we have chips or roasties,or fish with batter on?

Spices, do any of you use spices. and what do you put on spaghetti?

Can we blitz veggies, as stews and casseroles are forbidden?

Pastry is allowed, but no mentoin of which type.

So. can we help each other ,then at least when ,or if we ,dine out, we can

order something from the menu.

I cannot eat boiled potatoes ,eggs (is it O.K to have a fried one?)

jelly and rice pudding for ever. .

So please join in and share your doe's and dont's. mushrooms eaters

would be good to hear from.

13 likes, 1185 replies

1185 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had DD for many years and as much be gotten older my flare ups when the occur are worse.

I’m at a point that I’m starting to think it’s a build up of certain foods that cause the flare ups.

I wind up being confused so when this happens I rely on a total soft food diet until I feel better.   I do avoid nuts, seeds and raw veggies .  Sometimes a sneak a raw fruit or veggie in but after a few days I start with symptoms.

I’m thinking this one came from a salad and 3 small pieces of cantaloupe. Sometimes you crave meals which include a salad. ☹️

• Posted

Can't be cantaloupe Madeline, it's all water..Stop blaming everything you put in your mouth,,, just chew  everything really well..and enjoy, You can't build up a store of foods, they all get fed into the waste disposal department. and as long as that works well,,,,, no probs...

You are telling your brain to expect trouble,and so you do get it...Think good happy thoughts whilst you are chomping.  rolleyes

• Posted

It happened the day after cantaloupe. It was a test. I do believe it contributed. It wasn’t soft. I also have been enjoying a few salads. I’ll just stay away until I feel better.

How long have you had DD? Just curious and how many flare ups have occured and how often?

• Posted

Heading into my fifth year, One major flare when  discovered what it was, that's why I started  DIVI DINERS,,,, fear.  !!!! lots of nice people came on and so living with it became better ,as there is NO cure ,you have to be in charge. I read about  probiotics and what they did for the gut ,so I started taking them 3 years ago and have had only a minor abscess, which  healed itself ,without my knowing, and no drugs were involved except my trusty probiotic .which was proof to me that they worked. I eat 

normal , As I used to ,but smaller meals, and don't leave big gaps between meals, to keep the guts working up to speed, so there is nothing left loitering that could sit in the pouches and cause havoc. Helped at all ????  

• Posted

Hello

I've just been discharged from hospital and told was diverticulitis but no advice expect to take it easy on light food!! Obviously I got home and contacted Mr Google but am now even more confused. As a veggie of over 30 years I would have thought id have little chance of going down with this. Must just be unlucky!

So, over the moon to find this web site. Am sitting down with more water and will read on. I now know there are people out there if I need advice.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Christine,I got diagnosed just before Xmas ,so quite new myself ,what I have figured out you can’t have anything with skin on eg..beans,peas,sweet corn,jackets on baked potatoes,apparently the skin doesn’t digest and can get stuck in the pockets stay there and fester so it’s going to be more difficult for you being a veggie oh and no stems like broccoli or cauliflower I cut the stems off and eat the florets,I also take probiotics hope this helps you a little
  • Posted

anybody know if Probiotics are helpful?
    • Posted

Hello James ,I was diagnosed in late December and was told probiotics help a lot ,I am taking ....acidophilus with pectin,,,,they are supposed to regulate your blood after antibiotics and also help the digestive system ,I would give them a try as there’s no harm in trying ,I think they are helping me
  • Posted

Does anyone have any experience eating Sushi? I'm worried the Nor I sheets might cause me a problem as it doesn't breakdown on water...also I don't know if the raw fish is an issue.... I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago and I've had 3 hospital admissions and numerous other attacks dealt with by antibiotics...so far it looks like I'm highly reactive and many foods safe for other sufferers cause me issues - e.g. I can't eat lettuce , anything with any fibre, red meat or chicken, and definitely nothing with any seeds, nuts, grains or skins of any type and no high FODMAP foods, no lactose and no Fructose...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.