Divi Diners Episode 2

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just under gone my second Colonoscopy (not 100% succesful)

where it was dicovered ,again, that I had severe DD

I tried again to ask about diet, and if ther was a dietician, or nutritionist

that we ,the sufferers could get some guidance from.

The answer was no, and I was given a leaflet ,which said

""If you get pain or bloating eat ""

CEREALS

WHOLEWHEAT  BREAD

FRUIT

VEGETABLES 

Back to square one, I think

I was duly despatched, and was not given a follow up appointment

with a consultant. What came to mind was  ,Not worth bothering with !!

No doubt there will be an Episode 3 in the no too distant future.

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Guys. Just wondering..(sorry to bother) I have suffered with the same flare ups as you all say, suffering with DIV but they wouldnt give me anti biotics to have on hand, I had to stay in hospital for 4 or 5 day stints on every occasion and was fed on a drip. Then anti biotics orally when released. I had elective surgery in February to have it al removed. I was fortunate enough not to have a colonscopy bag, and at the time I thought that would be a better option than the constant flare ups and pain. I took the risk and it paid off and I feel so much better. No more pain, no swelling weight gain or anything. However,  I am trying to contact anyone who has had the surgery to find out if any of them suffer with any post op problems. Im struggling to find any one who elected to have the surgery. I am suffering with just muscle pain which is nothing compared to the DIV pain but it is effecting my work and family life still. Dont get me wrong, it is so much better than before but am trying to address this little agitation that otherwise I would be back to 100%.. Thanks in advance. x
    • Posted

How did you manage not to have the colostomy bag?  That's one of my biggest worries about the surgery.
    • Posted

It's the luck of the draw Sunni.. They measured me up for one. Even drew on my stomach in pre op and told me that when I woke up to feel that place to see if one was used. They educated my husband and I along with my 3 kids on colonoscopy bags and sent me some in the weeks
    • Posted

In the weeks before the op to get comfortable with them.. And when they opened me up they removed a third of the intestine but fortunately the five had not spread too far down
    • Posted

That meant to say the DIV had not spread all the way down.. (Sorry writing this on my phone and can't see the whole box to write in) so really I was just lucky and very grateful.. But hey, I believe you adjust to life with them and they can be reversed further down the line. Life is so much better since the op.. Just the recovery was longer than I thought.. Good luck with your journey
    • Posted

My gastro who is trying to persuade me to go for the op electively said it is more likely that a colostomy bag would be necessary if one has a perforation and the op has to be done as an emergency. She did say that until the op was underway and they could see exactly what they were dealing with it was impossible to give a guarantee that the two ends of the cut colon could be joined there and then but usually they could be.
  • Posted

Hi  to everyone,i was diagnosed with Diverticulosis about a year ago after months of diahrrea and worried i might have cancer,ive had hardly any help from doctors they just printed something off the internet and gave it to me regarding diet,when i get a flareup i seem to have trouble with my bladder regarding needing to pee alot and also the urge to pee even if my bladder is empty,i did have the camera to look inside my bladder and was told it was normal so im assuming its to do with the divitirticulosis irritating it,does anyone else have this problem? i also get blood in my urine.Im so glad i found this forumAny help would be hugely appreciated.
    • Posted

I have had this problem with my diverticulitis- not so much frequency but pain in the bladder when urinating. The pain is not like a UTI(burning) but feels as if there is pain in the bladder itself especially if I try to stop the flow. I also had blood in my urine ( not visible but found on testing) when I was hospitalised for my first attack. Have you had any abdominal operations that would cause adhesions or endometriosis? When I had my hysterectomy they had to slice my bladder and womb apart and now I have very bad adhesions so everything down there is affected. My gastro says this is probably why my bladder is affected when I have the bouts of divvi.
    • Posted

Welcome aboard yvonne, you will someone to discuss your probs with on this forum. I can't help with pee, my bladder works O.K  ,but someone will know 
    • Posted

When i had my daughter i had a C section but i never had problems before  the diverticulosis,the blood in my urine wasnt visible either.
    • Posted

A c- section will cause adhesions too. The infection from diverticulitis can also cause scaring adding to the problem. I have had recurring minor bladder problems since my op but it is worse with the divertivulitis flare ups. I guess everything is just stick together!
    • Posted

Thankyou for the reply i would have never thought in a million years that would be the problem no one else as told me this,it helps to know why we have certain problems and information helps so much.Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.