divictulitis pain and treatment

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnoised with divctular disease ,also with a colivesical fistula (sorry my spelling is awful)12 months ago and have been treated with nightly antibiotic and cefalexin when I get a UTI which is very often about 1 a month. The last few times I have also had real pain in my colon which up to now has been helped by the antibiotics I take, but now this pain is ongoing it does help to eat a bland diet but does not clear it up should I be taking something else some other  antibiotics to get rid of the infection in my colon? I was told I could not be operated on due to my disability and the fact I am obese can someone help please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi denise you probably need to b seen by your physician if it is a flare up it usually takes 2 antibiotics to clear Cipro and Flagyll is the most common combination But please consult your doctor!
  • Posted

Bland food is best..de cafe tea/coffee, nothing with pips..low fat foods. Soups are good. Did you know you can claim benefits for your condition.

Hope your feeling better soon x

• Posted

Might try a probiotic - the antibiotics you take may be totally upsetting the balance in your colon, thus causing the pain.  Usually they say if you are not running a fever and having extreme pain, it is not an infection - just a flare which can be treated with liquid diet at first and then a bland diet.  
    • Posted

oh i hate to hear all this about you i know you are thoroughly upset and discousted

i agree with what the pREVIOUS POSTSt i think also you need to start over from fresh

a sit down visit with your DR AND TELL HIM YOU WANT HIM TO PUT HIMSELK IN YOUR PLACE THEN TELL HER YOUR SYMPTOMS AND GET TO THE POINT AS SOON as YOU CAN sometime I THINK THEY THINK A LOT OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE just in our HEADS PLEASE MAKE HIM her understand your problem you are the one who is suffering they know to know

KNOW HOW SICK YOU REALLY ARE

dont let up until you are satisfied

do whatever natural things youcan find on the net while wating for that all important DR VISIT PLEASE LET US KNOWHOW IT GOES I FOR ONE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.