Dizziness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

lately my dizziness has become really bad. It used to only last a couple of days before but now I seem to have it every day. I can be walking down the road and have to stop as everything spins that bad I nearly fall over.

Does anyone else get it? I'm just wondering if this part of fibro or is it vertigo.

thanks x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Y3s I get this but I suffer from meaniers disease so that's what causes mine but I do get it that were I have nearly fainted once with the hot kettle in my hand lucky my daughter was there . Of I dread to think.what would of happen
    • Posted

Hi Tiggers1

Oh god that's awful. Glad your daughter was there to help as that could have been dreadful x

• Posted

Hi Alison, This was the very first symptom i got, i blacked out walking down the street and from then on i had terrible tinnitus and dizziness to the point i could hardly move, the dizziness lasted about 11 weeks really bad but then eased, i still get it now on and off and have been told it's all part of fibro, sad 

i was given a tablet for the dizziness when it gets really bad called prochloperizine and it really helps me through the bad times..

hope it improves for you soon.

take care.

xxxx

• Posted

Hi Gill

Thanks for your reply. I had it last year in the summer and it lasted 6 weeks but for the past few months I've had it every day. It's becoming so annoying.

I guess it's another symptom we have to put up with 😞 X

• Posted

I have experienced dizziness but thought it was my blood pressure dipping as it does occasionally. The doc said that it was unlikely and could be a side effect of my meds. My mother experiened vertigo and described symptoms such as you have experienced. It's as well to get it checked out to be on the safe-side. My mother had meds from the doctor and has made a full recovery. 
    • Posted

Hi Pinkgin

Thanks for your reply. I think I will take a trip back to my doctors x

• Posted

I have dizzyness 24/7 have had for 12 years now..but mines from Sorgrens Syndrome ...it can dry out organs..mine is the fluid in my left ear almost cristalizing...I would advise you to just get it checked by the dr...although there are just soo many different symptoms with this fibro iits sooo hard for us to tell when something isnt Fibro..it very well could be fibro..many seem too get it too....it always stresses me when i get a new one and ive had fibro for 30years Fibro loves stress it feeds on it.. makes us so much worse..so the sooner you get it checked the better, it will be forr you..have a lovely day alison..be blessed..😍😍..
    • Posted

Hi Christine

Thanks for your reply. God don't know how you have managed to live with being dizzy 24/7 for 12 years. It's really not nice at all. Yep looks like a trip back to my doctors x

• Posted

Hi, I suffer from bad bouts of dizziness and my Dr's have said it's benign sensory vertigo, they put me on cinnerazin which is absolutely brilliant, works for me, so maybe a trip to your Dr's will help.
    • Posted

Hi Susan

Yep I'm going to make an appointment and go back and see my doctor. Will mention what you are taking and see what he says. Thank you for your reply x

• Posted

In the last month I've been experiencing the same thing. It is aweful. Even coloring in a color book gives me vertigo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.