being that I get dizzy at random times and now and then get a

sort of headrush which stops just short of feinting. Does anyone

recognise these symptoms as a side effect of any of the above

meds? I am a reasonably healthy 72 year old. I have asked my GP

who is "puzzled" I would apreciate any feedback

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm on Bisoprolol 2.5mg and rivaraxaban 20mg when I first started taking these I was dizzy/light headed most of the day I started taking them with food and the dizzy spells became less know after a month I don't get that at all however I get aches in my thighs and stomach ache as well
  • Posted

Hi Bill - I was placed on bisoprolol 5 mg and another (name escapes). I was fainting all over the place. Dropped the second and continued the first for the next 2 years. Fainting spells throughout. Have given up the meds. Back to myself again. Frankly, I was never sicker than after the doctors got their hands on me.

Best of luck for the future Bill. Hope this helps.

• Posted

I also have random feelings of "faintness."  They usually occur when I am walking .  I wil be aware of a strange feeling in my chest (maybe like a skip) and then I slowly feel as if I am going to "black-out."  It is similar to the feeling when you get up too fast from a squat or lying on the ground/floor.  I have never actually passed out but am fearful of it.  So far the fainting feeling has passed before I actually faint.  I can go for days or weeks and be fine and then the feeling will occur every day when I walk for a while.  I take losartan, metoprolol, flecinaide, hydrochlorothiazide, eliquis.  I have worn a heart monitor and have been told I have occasional PVC's which I'm told are benign.  I pretty much get no explanation from my cardiologist.
    • Posted

Thanks Barbara,

This seems very similar to me. Lets hope we get over this prob

It can be a bit scarey

• Posted

Have your blood salt level checked. I had similar symptoms with Flecainide and it turned out to be hyponatremia. I increased my salt intake, and the fainting spells ceased. Couldn't hurt to check...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.