Dizziness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

Ive had anxiety and depressio now for 9 years.

It's been OKish until recently.

Im having terrible dizziness when I leave the house - I feel like Im swaying backwards and forwards.

In the beginning of my anxiety nightmare, I had this and now it's back.

I know the way forward is "exposure therapy" but Im too scared.

When I collect the kids from school (which is 1 minute from my house), I wait until someone I know walks past, so I can walk with them.  Well, tonight, I had to collect my daughter from an after school club, I had my son with me and I had 3 episodes of dizziness.

Is there medication for dizziness?

Ive had CBT and it didnt work.

Im at a loss now in what to do.  It's ruining my life and my family's life.

My heart is racing out of the blue too.  I can live with the heart but the dizziness is crippling me.

Thank yo for reading this xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

lizzie

You need to talk with your Family Doctor, there are medications that can help although I would imagine as you have said you may need further treatments and coping skills 

Try Mindfullness Relaxation Techniques and Breathing Techniques, your Doctor will most probably advise.

Good Luck, always around

BOB

• Posted

Hello Bob

Thank you for replying.

My GP just wants to increase my antidepressant dose.

He says that anxiety is a learned thing.

I will try the relaxation techniques.

Thak you xx

• Posted

LIzzie

Good luck with that if you need to talk we are here

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Do not allow yourself to be frightened by the dizziness that will only feed your anxiety. Just continue to focus on the task at hand. 
  • Posted

Hello Lizzie,

Do your ears feel full or clogged?  How much sleep are you getting?  Is your heart racing due to the dizziness?  Correct me on this but you suffer from social anxiety as well?  I suffer from an off balance swaying feeling as well.  I wouldn't call it dizziness but feels like i'm about to fall back even though my balance is fine...it's an odd feeling and i developed this for the first time 8mos ago.  turns out my lifestyle lead me to depression and GAD; working two jobs...never resting...segmented sleep constantly.  the first symptom to show up was the off balance feeling.  then all the others followed...not being able to take a deep breath...anxious...tremors...insomnia etc...  i've corrected diet and began exercising which is helped a lot.  the off balance feeling isn't nearly as bad.  now i understand why people with GAD end up running to neuros.  anyway, if you're constantly worrying or overthinking...your symptoms will remain.  do you have interests still...hobbies etc..?  what's your daily routine?  the toughest part for me is shaking these physical symptoms which sadly slowly progressed to this point and never really noticed. 

• Posted

I get dizzyness sometimes, it's like I'm walking through quicksand sometimes I also get that swaying sensation.

What causes that is what I want 2 know? It's just anxiety well that doesn't help me.

Mackie

• Posted

Hello

Thank you for replying.

Im sorry to hear about your problems.

I seem to be on a downward spiral.

My fear of leaving the house IS fueling my anxiety.  Its a neverending circle.

My heart rate is up too.

Im looking forward to the half term next week when the kids are off.  Its stupid, but I feel "safe" going out with them!

I am going to walk down to the school in the evenings, as I know Ive started a habit of feeling anxious when going down there and there is no reason for it!

Thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.