Dizziness

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone.

Last month I got told that I had labyrinths. After 4 months of suffering it's just getting worse. They've give me prochlorperazine 5mg tablets. I've only started them today but have been very dizzy of them. Does anyone know how long it will take to kick in? As I can't leave my house as I'm very unwell.

Any help.

Thanks Chloe x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Prochlorperazine is an antiemetic.  Do they know what caused the "labyrinthitis" in the first place? Bacterial, viral?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Hi ya yes these tablets make me dizzy as well .i stopped taking them .now i am not taking anything as i have tried everything but they all have the same side effects which is dizziness.
    • Posted

No they are different.. They work really well and they calm the dizziness and nauesa.
    • Posted

Also if you have Ginger tablets they work too.

I have tried Ginger juice and it works as well.

• Posted

Hi a Chloe, I have tried to,respond to your post three times but for some reason this website seems to have a bug,,whereby a pop,up,from google appears about winning an iPhone !!  So, ADMIN PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY ,PAGE THAT BRINGS IT UP!! IT,DOESNT ALLOW YOU TO CANCEL OR DELETE,  SO IT,S IMPOSSIBLE TO,GET BACK TO PAGE WITHOUT SWITCHING OFF AND RELOADING. Sorry chloe. But there is no Contact i can find on here for the Admin Team.i just have to,hope,they read this and sort it,out!  I clear my cookies daily btw,!

I will try to PM you Chloe

• Posted

I get the same pop up to the point I never really answer anything anymore. I just read the posts. I'm surprised I was able to get through just now

In fact just today I was debating to delete the whole forum.

• Posted

Hi Chloe - Im sorry to say thats the million dollar question.  Ive had mine 4 years now but it is improving Its finding the right medication.  They thought I had labs but it turned out to be migraine associated vertigo.  There is a website on facebook for it which is very helpful. 
  • Posted

It took 3 days for them to kick in. I had them for nausea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.