Dizziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my symptoms for a year and half.

started with fainting sensation and is like i am collapsing but an conscious.

with shaking in my right side.

getting seizures every day.

but now, my symptoms changes and settles a bit but not 100 %.

I have seeing different Doctors.

2 Neurologist, 2 ENT, ophtalmogist, cardio, talking therapist, private ostheopath.

MRI, blood test all normal

I have disc degineration in my Neck and Back now which i never suffers from neck or back before.

ALL Doctor saying is stress and anxiety.

I Had epidural in my Neck to relief the pain passes 10 days since i had the epidural but the pain got worst and my symptoms too.

I won't recommend the epidural to no one.

now i have 3 rd opinion with neurologist on Monday hopefully they may do more test.

MY ENT diagnosed me with balance is low in my left ear.

so i will start therapy for an hour at hospital next week.

Last year i couldn't move from the house and couldn't drive for a while, been off sick of work, i had horrible year in my life.

i had to push my self, now even am dizzy,i still go out, work and go to gym, walk and cycle which i feel better and my symptoms reduced a bit.

i had accupuncture which helps me a lot .

please let me know if any one have same symptoms.

Sab 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you have to go through all of this but you are not alone as I am in same boat. It all started on June 16th 2018. At that time I was 37 years old, healthy and fit person. All of the sudden I felt pressure/tension sensation in the back of my head right below scull ends and I got very dizzy like a fainting sensation. This feeling have never left me since then. I had numerous MRIs, CT scans, blood work, have seen so many doctors and all results were negative. The only thing there were able to find was my jaw has been pushed back by incorrectly dental work (misaligned bite). My jaw apparently is pressing on my ear, nerves and veins what supposedly can give this sensation of off balance and dizziness. I am wearing orthotic splint 24/7 that cost me $5k almost 4 weeks now and do not see any relief. I am looking into getting second option on my TMJ issue to confirm the diagnosis. Also, I was never in much pain but I can feel that something is wrong with my jaw, ears and my neck is super stiff, muscle tension in neck is just crazy. I have been going to Upper Cervical Chiropractor 3 times a week for the past 3 months. This does help temporarily but symptoms come back short after. I have been on short term disability since June. I am unable to drive due to the dizziness or leave house alone. I have pretty much no life since I can’t even sit for too long because my neck muscles get tense and I get this awful fainting feeling. If I am unable to go back to work till end of December I will lose my job. The stress and anxiety is building up and it does not help my situation. Vicious circle!

• Posted

Hi Sab,

I have some of the same symptoms, not the seizures tho. I have episodes of off balance feeling, weird intense head pressure when standing up from sitting sometimes, fatigue, neck and left sided facial head pain that is episodic. I too was found to have a very bad neck spine. All on the left as well. I was also talked into the epidural steroid injection in C5 and C6. it was done on 10/3. I had 2 days of no pain or problems, then it got worse than ever!! Worse neck pain and episodes of cluster like head attacks multiple times a day. The standing up head rushes got worse too. Basically, all the symptoms I've suffered for 5 yrs came all at once and were ramped up. They then put me on an oral steroid burst that helped the neck, but I had to stop it as I ended up in the ER with spiking BP and tachycardia. I too will NOT get another epidural injection. I think others should make up their own minds tho as they have helped many. I think they are more successful for radiculopathy- pain down the arm. I do feel that, based on my negative reaction to the injection, my neck is somehow the source of my issues. I just started phys therapy, so will see how that goes. I am very leary of neck surgery as I've found via research that it can make things worse.

The best relief I've had to date was with an upper cervical chiropractor. I stopped going because the relief was lessening each time. But that first adjustment was amazing. I would go back and try again, but since then I've had the neck MRI showing the various issues, and I'm afraid of more adjustments potentially worsening the damage. Hopefully phys therapy will help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.