dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there,

Just hit month six of being unwell and have been experiencing weird dizzy spells. Hard feeling to explain - feel like I'm walking funny (ask people and they say I look fine), feel weirdly closer to the ground than usual (?!), and a sense of overall unsteadiness. Has anyone else experienced this, and how long did this feeling stick around for?

Otherwise, have had a much better week symptoms wise.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma,

Yes, I was getting dizzy spells a couple months ago. Always seemed worse if I hadn't eaten or if it was really warm/humid outside. I actually am having them again this week-not sure if it's a bit of a relapse or something still lingering from the horrible migraine I had last week.

• Posted

Hey Emma,

So sorry to hear you are experiencing this awful symptom of dizziness and unsteadiness. I hope and pray so much that this passes quickly as I know how frightening these kind of symptoms can be.

I definitely think this virus can cause all sorts of weird and horrible symptoms. I remember early on into the virus having a phase a bit like you describe, where I felt almost 'stunted' in my head, it was hard to describe just didn't feel entirely right or balanced. It did pass Emma, but it was a horrible thing to go through. I just hope and pray this is just a temporary symptom that will pass over - remember you will get better Emma, all the symptoms of this virus do pass eventually with time, but I know it's so painful and frightening to live through especially when it goes on for so many months.

You will get that breakthrough Emma - hang in there. I'm believing that God is going to heal you completely. For me I was still struggling a lot at six months by the 10 month stage I really started to see a major change happening - my experience was that the first six months were BY FAR the worst and God willing you won't have to go through anything as horrible or intense as that again. Just take it a day at a time though and don't look too far ahead is all you can do, it's so hard I know when going through this virus. Thinking about you and believing that better times and good health is ahead for you.

Craig

• Posted

thanks a lot for your reply craig, this has all been so bizarre! very thankful for your support and for this forum. hope you're well

• Posted

You're welcome Emma, really hope all this settles down for you soon - hang in there!

• Posted

The dizziness was the main issue for me like I was on water, very unsteady. Get some magnesium

• Posted

Hi Emma,

I'm experiencing the same thing right now... I have had balance issues for the last couple of months (but it has been coming and going). However, during the last two weeks I have had these serious dizzy spells where I have hardly been able to walk when they are worst. It has been quite frightening.. It was nice to read your post - it made me feel like I might not have a brain tumor... Anyway, I was wondering how you are now and if the dizzyness went away?

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.