dizziness

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone have any advice for treating dizziness? BTW, I'm having a flare up in month 24 of my recovery. I had a solid 8 months of symptom free life. But it's just a little hiccup. Not gonna let it drag me down. Thanks for any advice. Happy New Year!

Bianca

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

idk if it makes much sense but maybe look into another problem that has had a setback with ur recovery? i thought mine was starting over again and i ended up with ear infection and sinus problems

• Posted

dizziness is my main symptom besides fatigue (which is a given). what kind of dizziness do you experience? how long does it last?

in my case, it's a weird feeling of being off balance, almost like floating, or if the ground is moving. it's not a vertigo though, so no spinning. this dizziness is also accompanied by this feeling of inner shakiness (kinda low-sugar-like sensation). it's not very intense, just very distracting and annoying. i dont even remember how it's like to walk and not feel dizzy anymore.

• Posted

thats exactly how mine is. good description. it hasn't been going on too long. Since I've been dealing with this for so long my relapses tend to be shorter and less severe. But since its been so long since i relapsed I notice the symptoms more acutely. And as much as i wish it wasn't a relapse and was something else like a cold or ear infection, i know its not. i have muscle fatigue and the tell tale symptom of swollen glands. Its okay tho, I will get better with rest and time. hope you feel better soon. let me know if you have any suggestions to fight off the dizziness.

• Posted

i'm here hoping to find some suggestions as well. my dizziness doesn't seem to have a pattern, so it's hard to tell what's making it better or worse, it's just always there. you wrote that you were 8 months symptom free. when did the dizziness go away the first time? after how many months? did it just go away one day or did it subside gradually?

• Posted

i think i understand what your saying im describing mine as being more disconnected or almost like im stuck in a movie

• Posted

i know that feeling, i often feel spaced out too, like i don't exist or experience things, like i'm detached from my physical body, but i think it's just a consequence of brain fog.

• Posted

have you found anything to help it? ive actually got my energy level to increase by taking a probiotic 10,000 iu of vit d a vitamin c and vitamin b12 and healthier eating but the feeling of detachment hasnt really left and it flares my anxiety then that seems to just increase the fog!

thanks so much for being a listening ear its so much easier when someone else is going through it and understands it, makes me feel not so insane lol

• Posted

not really no ... just dont panic ! ive had it though ALOT! im in month 21 doing ok but if i go out to dinner or for example thanksgiving ... relapsed the next day . nobody believes me when i say it takes 2 years ...but it does ! hope this doesnt last long for you !

• Posted

ive done a ton of praying im just waiting on Gods promise to heal and restore, i know ill get better its just draining mentally.. im a fix it right bow kind of guy God must be increasing my Faith and teaching me patience lol

• Posted

oh i gave up on God .... i begged on my hands and knees crying for some relief .

• Posted

i hate to hear that, i believe faith is grown in our troubles and hopefully you can find some relief and new found encouragment soon, ill be praying for you and if u need to talk i will be a listening ear!

• Posted

This and fatigue are by far the most annoying symptoms.

Going to take magnesium and Fish oil hoping this might help. So done with this bs..

• Posted

i've been taking magnesium for a month now, but don't see any improvement yet. maybe it takes longer for it to really help with dizziness. it's my worst symptom too. i can handle just one at a time: either just dizziness (that way i could've at least return to work because i'm only dizzy when walking) or just fatigue. working 8-hour day feeling fatigued and dizzy is too much to handle. i don't even remember how it's like to not feel dizzy 24/7.

• Posted

Dont think there is much you can do apart from ride it out. I'm on month 21 also and the dizziness part which has been explained was more common for me at the start of the virus, infact i had it for months on end. Now if I get it, it's usually part of a relapse which thank god dont last very long. One symptom I still have at 21 months is a dull headache feeling and still seem to get quite tired/spaced out bbetween 11am to 1pm every day without fail. So weird.

• Posted

thanks all for the advice and sharing your stories. I am coming back to normal and my relapse is almost done. I've noticed that the relapses are a lot shorter now (but i got mono in November 2017 so they should be)!! hope the new year brings healing for you all! this is a hell of a virus and each body deals with it differently. I hope you all find the right cure for you.

best wishes,

Bianca

• Posted

I'm glad you are beginning to feel better. You are so right about this virus being different for each person and that's part of what adds to the trouble of it all. A common cold is common and we know what it looks like and what to expect. Yet doctors try to make mono seem like a common illness but it is not, it ks very unique and not as quick and out as they say either. At least for me, having some understanding of what ks going on helps but when you go through one thing and hear something else it really messes with you more. This dizziness is something I've dealt with too and it is such an odd feeling. kk858 explained it so well. Here's to hoping we all start feeling better and that the medical world starts exploring this virus a little more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.