Dizziness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 22 on 10mg citalopram and ive had HORRENDOUS dizziness today. Is this a side effect or should i call the GP? I know its early days on this medication and am getting the usual side effects but this dizziness has been with me all day...im on these for health anxiety mainly and its not helping me at all 😦 can anyone help?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren

i was on Citalopram for years off it now. i also suffered from health anxiety. Dizziness was definitely a symptom for me too of anxiety and one of the side effects from the meds. Try to distract yourself by going about your daily chores or sit down and have a read. Focussing on how you are feeling all the time seems to make things worse and you become fearful.

Basically you have to let these feelings of dizziness do their thing and trust me they will pass. Try to let it be and keep thinking this wont last forever! If you want pm me and i will refer you to a book i read which cured me of my anxiety it was recommended by someone on this forum and both she and I are now in control of it. Trust me it used to control me but not anymore.I know what you are going through but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

hi felis - I suffer from bad health anxiety - any tips? many thanks

• Posted

Hi Tamsin

My anxiety started years ago when my now husband commented that I was always sick!

This produced panic whenever i felt the slightest twitch or sniffle! i had also suffered badly from a past boyfriend who rejected me,so i was anxious about rejection and couldnt handle loss.

i only recovered from anxiety and worry when i started empowering myself with knowledge and understanding. Most doctors dont have a clue! i went for years of suffering,anti depressants and herbal remedies. Then i discoverd a book which changed my life and held the key to recovery.I cant disclose it here but it was a former forum member who put me onto it and now both of us have recovered using his simple techniqueof just letting the symtoms be there and not fearing them. It sounds simple but it took me a while to put it into practice but it worked.

• Posted

thanks felis - i have that book now i think but has been wondering how it applied to health anxiety. so i just let any weird symptoms or fears i have be there and not fear them?

• Posted

Absolutely as the author of this book said once you let it be s d think to yourself this too will pass it will subside because fear fuels anxiety and makes it worse. The trick is not to try and take control but just let it be there let it wash over you. As soon as you stop fearing it and know its not life threatening it will pass. I still keep my book beside my bed and read the concepts again . Even though im anxiety free for now i still sometimes get morning anxiety and so i get up and get on with my day as if its not happening!

With my health i try and become as best informed as i can and then think whatever this is i will manage it. So positive stroking of yourself. At the moment i may have an auto immune disorder called Sjogrens dry eyes and dry mouth , nose and been for a barrage of tests all come back negative so i see an opthamologist ENT guy and Rheumatogist and just manage the symptoms best i can. Refuse to let it ruin my life. If you want to PM me i can tell you a bout a CBT course which has greatly helped with my health anxiety by changing my thoughts.

• Posted

Hi

I'm in my 21 days now on Celexa and the dizziness is side effect I get them

and I'm on only 5mg Celexa

what is health anxiety if u don't mind me asking have never Hurd it being called that sorry

what other side effects do u get if u don't mind ?

Do u get the early morning shakes , headache that move to ur temple and sinus pain

do u get the nausea , fatigue, anxiety starts up and crying

please let me know because I'm in this and I am scared

thank u babsyboo

• Posted

Hi

I'm in my 21 days now on Celexa and the dizziness is side effect I get them

and I'm on only 5mg Celexa

what is health anxiety if u don't mind me asking have never Hurd it being called that sorry

what other side effects do u get if u don't mind ?

Do u get the early morning shakes , headache that move to ur temple and sinus pain

do u get the nausea , fatigue, anxiety starts up and crying

please let me know because I'm in this and I am scared

thank u babsyboo

• Posted

all those symptoms are normal for start up and withdrawal x

• Posted

hey lauren, its most certainly a side effect, i get it in withdrawal, it will calm down as you settle, it cant do you any harm x

• Posted

Hi

how are u today

I'm still fighting lots of side effects plus anxiety attacks

What about u

I'm in day 24 still lots to go 😢 hope to be myself soon again

And out and about

please let me know how u coming along

• Posted

Help

please have a question

u know anything about Lexapro

if so what and how does it work

they asked me to switch to it after being only 5 weeks not even done with 5 weeks yet of Celexa

I am so scared and also think it's to early but they told me I should not be having any side effects anymore from Celexa

they say the side effects should have been gone after 2 weeks being on Celexa

I don't know what to think or do please I need help

• Posted

lauren its side effects of medicine

dont panic. it will take too much time.

dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, cold feet, numbness in feets, stress in shoulder and neck area, feeling weakness, are come common side effects of Citolopram..

it will take 3 months for recovery, sometimes it may take longer time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.