Dizziness

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, i have been experiencing dizziness and swaying/falling/dropping sensations for 6 weeks now. i am really struggling with this at the moment.. the doctors treated me for vertigo but then said its my anxiety, i have an MRI scan in june to try put my mind at rest - i feel like i could pass out,my head feels heavy,my eyes also feel heavy too i just wish it would stop so i can get on with my daily life

does anyone else have this? and is there anything that helps?! i am losing my mind

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

yeah i get this too, when did you get your MRI appointment? Ive tried to get one recently but the doctor said it wasnt possible due to corona

• Posted

its horrible isnt it? i have my mri on the 12th of june

• Edited

That is one of my worse symptoms after I had a anxiety attack. It varies in severity throughout the day. It's anxiety and some form of PPPD. Search that up. Anxiety makes it worse since its like a negative loop. Once the anxiety is under control, your mind will start realigning its balance. I have done so many tests and they all say its anxiety. Most doctors have a hard time diagnosing PPPD, form of chronic subjective dizziness. It usually starts after the first anxiety/panic attack.

• Edited

There is ways of treatment for it. Most common is SSRI, CBT therapy and Vestublar therapy. The goal is to control and ease anxiety so the brain can rewire itself with balance

• Edited

let me know if you have any questions. I know those symptoms very well.

• Edited

your MRI will most likely be perfectly normal. The only way to get in control of symptoms is to get the anxiety managed somewhat. there’s something called the circle of anxiety. That’s where we are anxious, then we get symptoms which makes us more anxious and then we get more symptoms and so on. The circle Has to be broken somewhere.

• Edited

Hi, I had it for over a year due to peri. I just had cheek swab testing done to see what antidepressant will coincide with my genes. I just started one that was recommended and after 3 weeks my dizziness is slowly starting to finally stop. Nothing else worked though and I tried everything. Passion flower helped to calm me though when I was feeling very badly. Maca too. I had extreme anxiety and panic attacks when peri started. Never in my life had them before nd I too believe the dizziness now is due to anxiety which you have to some how get control of. It has honestly kept me in my house and from functioning for a year. An MRI will put you at ease and I was thinking of having one done too but, I honestly don't believe anything is going to show. Hang in there. You are not alone. It is a very common symptom and one so many are suffering with. Sending hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.