Dizziness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone I've been suffering with dizziness for a long time.. But last year woke at 6am to the room going round and round it was awful.. I went to the docs who said he thought it maybe menieres disease but I went for my appointment who said it was bbpv he did a movement on me but the vertigo felt better.. But the dizziness never goes away its there when I go to ned its there when I'm just doing normal mum things.. Today I was walking my son around his school playground and I looked up to quick and felt like I was falling I didn't thank goodness but I got back to the car felt like my ears where full and I felt sick... I rang my doctor who said come to see him I was so nervous he did some exercises with me told me to put my finger on my nose and than walk.. Doctor has put me on betahistine he said if they work I won't need to go to the ent this is twice I've been told its menieres... What are peoples views does it sound like he thinks it is that

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hey Claire,

Your post did not mention anything about noise like tinnitus, brain fog, sensitivity to light or having a low sodium diet. I have bilateral Meniere's disease and these are just a few of my symptoms in addition to violent rotary vertigo and dizziness before I started taking 24 mg of betahistine every 8 hours. The medication controls the vertigo for Meniere's but has not helped with the other symptoms. Your ENT should be able to diagnose your condition. Have you tried eliminating caffeine and change to a low sodium diet to see if that helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.