dizziness again

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, newbie alert smile

Started using Mebeverine earlier this week (as part of fybogel), and i must admit within hours the stomach cramps i was taking it for, went and havent returned.

BUT, yesterday i realised that all week i'd been having dizzy spells.. just a few seconds of disorientation and the room spinning etc. Yesterday was worse though.. complete feeling of unsteadiness and a thick head.

Spoke to the doctor who said fybogel wouldnt cause this, but i neglected to tell them it was combined with mebeverine (it was a different doc).

Anyway. I'm not going to take any more.. my last one was yesterday morning, although i still feel wrong today. Does this all sound normal?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Any side effects can be experienced by any person from any medication so anything is possible but I've always found Mebeverine to be completely benign and harmless, but as I say, a connection to your dizziness feelings isn't out of the question smile
  • Posted

Hi Spock, yes its just that i've read on here about so many people suffering dizziness and disorientation after taking mebeverine. I stopped taking mine two days ago for that reason, but i'm sure i'm still feeling the effects now.
  • Posted

Maybe you could do with a general health check just to make sure everything is in order, if you are over 40 you are supposed to have one every 5 years. What are you taking the Mebeverine for, have you been told you have IBS? Are you otherwise well? smile
  • Posted

Hi, yes for IBS, well to be more accurate abdminal pain from IBS. I was taking it as a combined fybogel.

I do have another condition which may contribute to dizziness, but never has. Its a bit too much of a coincidence that the dizziness started on the day that i started mebeverine. Given that there are multiple threads on here about dizziness, then i assumed its down to that really. However, i will go back to the doc and ask about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.