Dizziness and balance OFF! Please help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i am new to this site and would really appreciate any help/advice/insight. I am a 25 year old female and I am having dizziness and balance issues that are absolutely debilitating. I have been having dizzy spells, daily, for about 7 months now. When I get these dizzy spells, there is no warning. When I look left to right (or vice versa) I get "dizzy." Dizzy really isnt a good word to describe the feeling, it is hard to explain and absolutely debilitating. I have to close my eyes, it is such an uncomfortable and unnatural feeling. Sometimes, I experience double vision as well my legs go weak or numb, like they are not even there. So when these spells hit I am basically frozen from the distorted vision and the feeling of no legs. These spells happen every day, for months They usually last 30 min - few hours

• I have had 2 MRIs with and without contrast. Both came back normal

• CT scan results were normal

• VNG proved normal results

• I have seen 2 ENTs, not much help. Typical vertigo diagnosis

• Audiologist diagnosed vertigo, and no findings from rotational chair

• I spent months in vestibular rehabilitation therapy, but my vision is throwing me off balance still

I have lost 2 jobs from this dizziness and balance issues due to calling off from dizziness and falling at work

I recently graduated and have a Masters degree, but I cannot work or drive .

PLEASE HELP!! I just want my life back 😦

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi,

ive had similar dizziness as well for the last 8 months. mine is not as severe as yours seems, but it is a daily battle. ive done exactly all you've done as well - MRIs, ENT, etc. I still dont have an answer either. im sorry i cant be of help, but just wanted you to know you're not alone. Hope you find answers and if i come up w something i will let you know. thanks and hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.