Dizziness and light headed with tingling in hands and feet and chest pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies, 

Does anybody experience getting dizzy and being light headed then tingling in the hands and feet? Been to the doc an ER only to find that they can't pinpoint a reason for this. All tests come up normal. Has anybody found anything useful for helping with this? Also does it seem to come at certain times? I am noticing during ovulation and my cycle, but have had it at other times as well. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I get this off balance feeling and lightheadedness. I also get the tingling. I wouldn't call mine dizzy but more like a woozy. I dont notice the times but I suspect it's when my estrogen drops.
  • Posted

Good morning, Snowbell1975, I was just reading this morning that magnesium deficiency can cause those symptoms, so maybe you just need to add some?
  • Posted

I've been through all of that and went to the ER as well. The docs couldn't find anything either except me being anemic. But that's it. Sorry I don't have any suggestions but letting you know that you are not the only one feeling like that. I can tell you that the dizziness, tingling extremities, uncomfortable chest area is symtpoms of peri. If the docs couldn't find anything it's probably hormonal.
  • Posted

Thanks ladies, so glad I'm not the only one with this. I have been taking 300mg of magnesium daily. Hopefully it will start kicking in and helping. It's not nice feeling dizzy and woozy, then it makes you think something terrible is wrong.
  • Posted

Yes. Dizziness is another symptom of peri. It comes and goes without warning.

A bit of advice stop going to the ER or PC drs. on these symptoms. You're just wasting your time and getting yourself worked up over it. They don't understand the symptoms of perimenopause.

• Posted

Didi, 

You're right. They dont understand and just give out anxiety meds and antidepressants then send you on your way. I am kind of glad that I went the first time though. They kept me overnight and ran a stress test and echo on my heart. They did find a mitral valve prolapse that was minor and nothing else. I try to think back to that and tell myself its not my heart. But boy when that anxiety kicks in, you still get scared. 

• Posted

Hi Snowbell  sorry you're feeling so rotten, I've been there and it's not very nice.  My thought is it may be anxiety based especially as there is tingling in hands and feet.  That is  a classic symptom of too much carbon dioxide in blood due to overbreathing which causes tingling.   Try to breathe slowly if possible and this will rebalance the gases in the blood and hopefully the dizziness and tingling will improve.  If it doesn't resolve get your doc to do some tests for anaemia etc to rule out any organic cause.  Good luck x
    • Posted

Thank you Daisylady. I never thought about it being anxiety. It very well could be. My doc says no anemia, but I will have her keep an eye on that.
  • Posted

Hi Snowbell,

Yep and I went to A and E, everything fine. You could try taking b12 for the tingling hands and feet (I guess you've had blood work done? ) at some points mine felt so numb upon waking as well.

Anyway if you try b12 go for methycobalmin lozenges 1000mg hold them under your tongue to dissolve. Tingling hands and feet can be a sign of b12 deficiency.

It is also good for energy.

• Posted

Thank you Zigangie, 

I have a genetic defect called MTHFR and methylcobalmin or hydroxycobalmin was the B-12 I was told I have to take . But when my labs were done a few weeks ago, my B-12 was elevated so my doc had me back off and only take what is in my multi-vitamin. I read somewhere this morning that the tingling could be from fluctuating hormone levels, which would make sense in this peri stage we are in. I hope it passes soon. I also notice the chest pains have come and gone. I don't like that symptom one bit either. I guess the best thing to do is try to keep calm and keep telling yourself it will pass. 

• Posted

Hi Snowbell,

Yep and I went to A and E, everything fine. You could try taking b12 for the tingling hands and feet (I guess you've had blood work done? ) at some points mine felt so numb upon waking as well.

Anyway if you try b12 go for methycobalmin lozenges 10900mg hold them under your tongue to dissolve. Tingling hands and feet can be a sign of b12 deficiency.

It is also good for energy.

• Posted

Hi Snowbell.  I've had this too.  In the fall I had 3 trips to the ER with lightheadedness, feeling like I was going to pass out and nauseated.  All tests were normal and I think they thought I was "just another anxious hypochondriac."   I was exhausted and didn't feel like I could do anything strenuous....would worry all the time that something was seriously wrong with me.  I didn't want the side effects of anti depressants and my doctor prescribed a low dose anti anxiety medicine.  I'm happy to say that right now I only have to take a dose once every few days.  I still worry about health but that is decreasing as well.

i hope this helps!

• Posted

Thank you so much Tmpearce. I too have had that feeling with the doctors in the ER thinking I was a crazy anxiety ridden person. Although one doctor was so kind and sympathized with the way I was feeling. I was given a very low dose of anti anxiety meds and have them on hand for when I can't work thru an anxiety attack. I am so blessed to have all of you wonderful ladies here guiding and supporting me thru this time. 
  • Posted

Hi Snowbell yes I have had this also actually I wrote a discussion about it  at the beginign of the year. For me it  is def associated with per/menopause , anxiety and also tiredness.  I paid a visit to my local pharmacy and they recommend Krill Oil for women it regulates hormonal activity.  I swear within a few days of taking it I could see a difference.  Now if I don't take it I can feel the tingling coming back.

Hope this helps a bit.  Regards Ali

• Posted

Thank you Ali, I am going to give it a try. I just bought Omega 3 anchovy oil, but as soon as I can, I will get some krill oil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.