dizziness and panic attacks

Posted , 6 users are following.

recently I got unbalanced body control as I have stoped all my medication of anxiety and depression. Sometimes it feels like my head has a blood circulation problem and it feels in my ears too. i checked my bp even ECG and Echo. which is normal. anyone has some clues???

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Indont have any answers, but the same thing happened to me during a recent shopping trip. I was honestly praying to God in the aisle to keep me from passing out. I had my young daughter with me so I was terrified that much more. I'm currently weaning off of my meds also, and it takes I think they said 4 weeks for your body to get back to not feeling any symptoms of withdrawals.. Maybe your blood sugar? Dehydration? Turning your head too quick?
  • Posted

I have similar symptoms. I am now working with a chiropractor to release this. He also recommended massages and relaxation exercises. One session helped already and I slept much better as the night before the timing in my ear and the funny feeling was driving me bananas. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. I am under extreme stress and did suffer under anxiety attacks due to my last job. I switched jobs to remove that stress and that helped too.
  • Posted

Hi saijd

I've been changing and coming off medications as well. I'm hoping that what I'm feeling are withdrawal symptoms. My head feels strange as if it is full of solid cottonwool and my face is numb. I also have increased anxiety. It's a vicious circle and thinking about it and Googling don't help either, doesn't stop me though.wink

What meds did you take, did you taper or stop cold turkey?

It can take weeks before we are over the withdrawal symptoms, doesn't have to but can. Make sure you eat well and drink enough water and get plenty of rest.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

First of all you arent supposed to stop these meds cold turkey. You have to slowly decrease their dosage. Especially the anxiety meds. You will get withdrawal and possibly even siezures from some meds if your body is used to them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.