Dizziness and panic for 17 years.. I'm only 34

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I'm so glad I found this forum, I've been having dizziness in open spaces for years now, doc puts it down to anxiety. I've been on citalopram for a long time now, helps a little but not much 😢I'm terrified of motorways, bridges, heights, planes, even walking my dog now in open spaces makes me panic, it's so frightening. I avoid doing so many things because of how I feel. I also hate crossing roads especially when busy. I've seen a counsellor years ago but didn't help. I also tried hypnotherapy but didn't help much either. I just wish this would go away 😕

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have other symptoms? Ringing in the ears, tight neck muscles. Do you feel dizzy in bed when you roll over to one side? Have you had your eye checked? Also look up SCM muscle issues and trigger points. If you have a facebook account you can look up groups like dizzyness. The people in these groups are going through the same thing and might be able to help.

• Posted

I don't have it when I'm at home at all, just when I'm out and about. I have my eyes checked regularly as I'm a contact lense wearer. I don't get ringing in my ears either. It's mainly when I'm walking in wide open spaces or a passenger in a car on a wide road. I feel dizzy, panicky, sometimes my fingers and toes get numb, like a typical panic attack really, it's the dizziness I can't cope with, it's putting me off doing so much things. Thanks for your advice, I'm waiting to see about having cognitive behaviour therapy soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.