Dizziness and tinnitus?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been starting to get bad anxiety again, and it's really weird. I'll feel fine for the most part but ALWAYS have this weird pressure/full feeling in my head with of course ringing in my left ear. Could be from grinding my teeth at night. My anxiety gets bad when I get dizzy or maybe it's vice versa. It just sucks it's not like it's falling over or walking funny dizzy.. It's like my heads extremely full maybe like a headache without pain? It's very hard to explain. Does anyone else get those feelings or have a description they can describe to me? I feel like I'm going nuts. I don't feel real, sometimes I'll be sitting there and I'll feel like if I did something stupid would anyone even notice. It's not a depression type either I don't think and that wasn't meant in suicide either. It's extremely hard to explain. Anyone?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel the exact same way. Heaviness in my head, but only when I am in an anxious state. This feeling comes and goes, and sometimes lasts up to 3 hours! It's kinda like a dizzy/lightheaded feeling. My thinking gets fuzzy and I feel like I'm in a fog! I am currently taking meds for my anxiety, but have been struggling to find the right med and dosage. How long does the dizziness last for you? It's super scary and often puts me into an anxiety/panic attack.
    • Posted

Yeah that's close to what it feels like for me also, I'm not on any meds yet. I used to take Ativan. They told me I had labyrinthitis last year but the therapist only gave me two sessions and told me that's it. I have it pretty much 24/7. It's horrible. My left ear has been ringing so bad today. I also have a bloody nose almost constantly. Broke it a couple times and my septum is bent.
    • Posted

I'm not familiar with labyrinthitis. Did the Ativan give you no relief? So, the bloody nose is caused by the bent septum? That's what I would be getting checked out. Hopefully your anxiety starts to let up soon. Easier said than done.
  • Posted

I have experience these symptoms. Sounds like anxiety.  But since I am not a doctor nor a counselor.  I recommend you see a doctor to rule out any possible physiological illness that may trigger this.  Also when you have ruled out medical/health illnesses, seek counseling. Hope you get better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.