Dizziness and Unusual Sweating = Heart Problems?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 25 year old female with a history of heart palpitations. I am on metoprolol for "inappropriate tachycardia" which no doctor has been able to find the cause of. I have pretty low blood pressure (about 90/40).

I want to start off by saying I am NOT typically a sweaty person. I'm the type of person that can go out on a hot summer day and barely break a sweat so this is quite alarming for me.

For about a week I keep getting random dizzy spells seemingly out of nowhere and during these I break into a hot sweat. This happened a few days ago when I was in line waiting to order food. All of a sudden I felt extremely lightheaded and I got super sweaty on my face, hands and enough to soak my shirt. I had to leave the line and go sit outside, but I continued feeling dizzy for about 30 minutes after that.

Then today I went to work as normal and after being there for about 5 minutes this happened again. Extreme lightheadedness, broke out into a sweat and felt like I was about to vomit. I had to sit on the floor to prevent passing out and then took the day off. I also get very sweaty at night lately even though the air conditioner is running as always.

Because I have this history of palpitations and severely quick heart rate, to me this is just another red flag that something is wrong. (I have had heart rates close to 200bpm with little provocation) that send me to the emergency room. They always say your heart is racing but the beats themselves are normal so they label it as "anxiety." I don't believe this to be true because I'll be having a normal, happy day until this hits OUT OF NOWHERE.

I had a full blood work up 3 months ago and apparently everything looked fine (normal cholesterol, etc) except I'm very deficient in vitamin D which I now take supplements for. My doctor seems to be not worried at all about my palpitations, but since these frequent dizzy/sweat spells I'm not so sure. Do you think this is cardiac related? Or it sounds like it could be something else? My hands are literally drenched right now as I type this. So weird.

Any advice or similar experiences would be so so appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I’m sorry to hear about your symptoms. 

Do you notice a big jump in heart rate when you are standing? 

There’s something called pots, that not a lot of doctors know much about. 

You can google pots and read about the symptoms. 

I’m also in the same boat as you. Dizziness, heart palpitations and low blood pressure

I’ve been to so many doctors and they can’t figure out what’s  going on.

I had a tilt table test to check for pots, but doctors say they don’t think that’s what it is. 

I’m pretty sure pots is a 30 bpm jump in heart rate when you go from siting to standing. 

Also do you see a cardiologist? 

• Posted

I had the same problem since I started with SVT in 2015, I suffered with the same symptoms that you have, I did an ablation on February 2016, and the Dr. that made the ablation said it was successfull, but it was not, the tachycardia came back. I took the same medication Metroprolol 25 mg like for two years more, until I decided to try with a second ablation with another cardiologist, and I did, my cardiologist referred me to a physiology here in L.A. I did the seconde one on february 2 and he did a great job I am 90% cured, no more rapid heartbeats, I had some skip beats, but nothing the same as I was before, you should tried an ablation. Talk to your cardiologist. Iunderstand how you feel, and that is my advice. Tried talk to a cardiologist and consider to do an ablation.  And I do not take any medications since my second ablation. 
  • Posted

Have you had a D-dimer blood test. Beta blockers will lower your blood pressure, what was your blood pressure before you were on them?
  • Posted

Hi Jasmine,

are you still active on this forum? I have similar symptoms. Any diagnosis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.