Dizziness, anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey there. Before I say anything, i just want to say that I am doing to a doctor very soon, so i know that's necassary. I just wanted maybe a few opinions before then. I'm almost 14, so I know the chances of this being something serious are pretty low, but I still want to know. A little more than two months ago, I had a panic attack. Completely out of nowhere. I've never had anxiety or panic symptoms before. I was a bit of a worrier, but never to a level that i would have considered to be anxiety. For the next three days after that, I was having nothing but constant panic attacks, but after that, it got better and better until it just turned into slightly elevated stress, and has only gotten better since then. I went to a doctor who did a check up and said I seemed to be okay, but they were concerned about my weight loss. I had lost a few pounds in just two days. So they did a blood test to rule out diabetes and hyperthyroidism. No other tests have been done. My weight is still fluxuating (though not nearly as much as before), but I think that could be due to lifestyle changes. For the past few weeks I've actually been a lot happier than I've been before, because I have a sort of 'new appreciation' for life, you could say. So I've been eating less in favor of doing other things. I admit that i'm pretty inactive and out of shape, I spend most of my day around the house, but i'm not overweight by any means. So lately, I've been having on and off symptoms of lightheadedness and dizziness. I actually think it might be more of a heavy-headed feeling if that makes any sense? It varies from very mild lightheadedness, to feeling off balance while walking. It's weird because I remember having a very VERY slight version of these symptoms back in April a bit before the first panic attack, but they've only re-surfaced in the past few weeks.

?A couple things to note:

-I've been experiencing a few symptoms of acid reflux

?-My ears have felt a bit blocked, but only very slightly and not very often

?-It is very hot where I am and the hot weather may be making it worse

?-The only other symptoms I have are very very slight, occassional muscle twitches, but that could be from stress and being out of shape

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

According to your post it seems that you are not eating as much as you should.Try getting a multivitamin or eating some more because if you have bad nutrition this can lead to fatigue, lightheadedness, dizziness, etc. At your young age it is important to have healthy diet as you are still growing. In regards to your blocked ears feeling, it is possbile that you have some issues in your inner ear as this part of the body deals with balance and sends messages to your brain on position. When you visit your doctor bring this up. I myslef have been experiencing dizziness for the last 3 months and I have narrowed it down to neck issues or inner ear problems and i can say I have a great deal of anxiety and stress because of these symptoms and it makes everything worse. In your case though it seems you had the anxiety before your symptoms arose and it is possbile to get dizzy and lightheaded from this. I would suggest to get moving around, go outside, get some exersice, find something you enjoy and do it to help relive stress and anxiety. For me, my outlet is the gym and thats where I take my frustrations out, plus theres nothing wrong with some exercise now and then!
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the reply, it means a lot that you took the time to respond. Just out of curiousity, can bad posture cause a neck or ear problem that would result in dizziness?
    • Posted

Bad posture can lead to neck and back issues, for me I work at a desk and look at a computer all day looking down and it certainly does not help the situation. But with you being so young I dont find it likely that this is your issue. As far as ear problems caused by bad posture I can not answer for sure but I would think it to be unlikely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.