dizziness doing neck physio exercises

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have CS and have been given exercises to do by my physiotherapist. I have dizziness doing the exercises, particularly when I turn my head to the right in a lying down position. When I get up I feel a bit muggy for a while then it passes. I do occasionally have the light headed muggy feeling during the day also. Has anyone else experienced the same. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have had boughts of dizziness, often while standing and sometimes after changing positions.  I believe the neck/nerves can surely be causing it.  That doesn't mean to necessarily stop the exercises but probably tell your PT person.  

• Posted

I have stenosis and myelopathy, post op 7 months posterior cervical laminectomy fusion and acdf in 2015. I too have dizziness and muggy feeling while trying to do light exercises and on and off during the day while doing basic house work. When it happens I get disappointed and also lay down til it passes. I haven't told my Dr or started pt yet. Just trying to deal with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.