Dizziness every time I walk

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hey guys, for the past few days I’ve been experiencing dizziness whenever I walk. If I stand, sit, or lays down the feeling is lessen or gone. But when I started walking I feel like I’m walking on a water bed or clouds, a heavy feeling at the back of my head, can’t keep my balance, and my heart will start to race, fearing I might faint at anytime. My neck and shoulders have also started to hurt. I do have anxiety for many years, sometimes it’s worse sometimes it’s better, but I’ve never experience anything like this. No trouble sleeping etc. Haven’t gone to the GP yet because at the moment walking to the GP’s office sounds terrifying. I’m thinking it might be something to do with my neck, my job is  IT related and recently have been very busy with work, so have been on the computers and phones a lot. 

Anyone have any similar experience? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hang in there. Once I had my MRI and everything was ruled out the anxiety started to go away. The fear lessens the more you realize its nothing majorly wrong. Yes you still may feel off balanced and thats scary. But remember once everythings ruled out you can have some peace of mind instead of worry. If it is vestibular at least you can tell yourself ok I can handle this and it will get better. The anxiety on how I saw things was the worst. I felt I was going to pass out, have a stroke and curl up and die. It was horrible. Good luck to you. Try to keep calm. Many others understand so youre not alone. Keep us posted.💗

• Posted

Hey guys, another update.

Two days before my scheduled MRI, the dizziness had became much better, I almost don’t feel it during the day and only slightly dizzy at night time. So I postponed the MRI to the following week as I want to see if it will keep getting better (my medical insurance doesn’t cover the fee for MRI scan, so I have to pay 200-400 for a scan depending on the complexity on the day). I’ve had a brain MRI 3 years ago also due to dizziness from anxiety, and it came out all normal. 

Anyways, few more days has past and I’m confident to say the dizziness is almost completely gone! I still tend to feel slightly dizzy when I go out to crowded or hot places, but it’s nothing too serious and I’m pretty sure it’s due to anxiety as the dizziness is gone as soon as I leave the place. Thanks everyone for reassuring me smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.