Dizziness, feeling faint, ears feel full and can hear ringing

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 8 months ago, I went to our family doctor to complain about my ears feeling full. It just sort of feels clogged, and I thought it was earwax. However, my ears were pretty clean, so I was prescribed antihistamine to relieve it. It obviously didn't work, but I soon got used to the feeling and momentarily decided to ignore it. Then three months later, the ringing started. I don't know if ringing is the right term, but if you can describe how an image of a sound wave sounds like-- that's probably it. The ringing isn't constant but it happens at least once or twice a week. Then about 2 months ago, I woke up feeling faint. It was bad enough that I would fall over if I move my head too fast or if I tilt my head downwards. I thought it was just a thing that happens because I haven't been sleeping well. So I let it go. A week after that, it got better in a way. I can now walk straight without collapsing on the floor, but something still feels wrong with my body. Now, I'm in a weird state of dizziness all the time. I have to rest constantly and lean on things to stop myself from falling down. My sense of balance was never great, but it got significantly worse. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

In January I started with the same kind of symptoms plus a few more so went to my GP. They referred me to ENT and suggest that you ask they do the same. From there I've had an MRI to see what's going on and been asked to go back this week for the results.  If nothing else it rules things out and may pinpoint what it is

• Posted

Hello,

I've had similar symptoms as you and for the last few years have had constant wooziness and clogged/full ears with sometimes painful pressure and my eye sight would get blurry as well. I've since had surgery for my sinuses as well as a balloon dilation of my Eustachian tubes and I am 5 weeks post op and feel so much better. Let me know if you've found anything out and if you're feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.